Omaha, NE Meet - AUGUST 22 (Saturday) @ Custom Electronics
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2015 at 11:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

mrscotchguy

1000+ Head-Fier
Once again, we'll be having a Head-Fi meet at Custom Electronics.  Details will follow soon after we confirm timing with Larry and Tim.  Be sure to shout out if you're attending.  

Saturday, August 22th at Custom Electronics​

(Custom has the new AudioQuest NightHawk available for demo, along with the new model Grado)

For those looking at staying in the loop, here's our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/441168172638819/

Jul 31, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #2 of 15
Attendees
Douger333
mrscotchguy
Eric A.
Colin M.
DrGajet

Open Headphones
Audioquest NightHawk
Beyer T1
Grado (Custom) Rosewood 
Grado PS1000
Grado GH-1
Hifiman HE-4 (w/ LCD2 Pads)
Oppo PM-1 
Senn. HD800
Senn. HD650
Senn. HD600
Senn. HD580 (modded)

Closed Headphones
Audeze LCD-XC
Fostex TH600
Fostex TH900
MrSpeakers Alpha Dogs (or Primes?)
Oppo PM-3
Sony MDR-Z7
Beyer DT1350 facelift (maybe)

Amps
Audio-GD 10.33
Cavalli Liquid Crimson
SPL Auditor

DACs
Audio-GD 10.33
Beresford Bushmaster mkii
NAD m51 

Source
Laptop
Galaxy Note3 (+ AQ Dragonfly 1.0)

Jul 31, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #4 of 15
HEADFI ETIQUETTE

Posting from previous event:  

Quote:
That is an awesome question, and I think one deserving of multiple answers... so everyone, please chime in with any comments and opinions.

This will be my 3rd Head-Fi meet, and I still feel very new at this.  I think the most important consideration is respect.  We all have valuable equipment that we will be hauling out to this event and that Larry will be providing.  As long as everyone keeps that in mind, I think it will go smoothly for all.  That being said, I remember my first Head-Fi, I was so afraid to touch anyone's equipment that I didn't actually demo much.  Here's a list of basic etiquette:

1) Ask before using anyone's equipment.
2) If you're not familiar with how something works, feel free to ask.
3) If there are limitations or special handling required of an item you bring, clarify that information before demoing it out.
4) Feel free to bring laptops, ipods/pads, phones or other digital sources, external hdds, etc.  (My Schiit has usb, coax, and spdif if anyone would like to hook up their source to it)
5) Be gentle 
cool.gif

6) Ask before cranking the volume all the way up
7) Recommended: Label your cables
8) We have a lot of newcomers, so be cheerful and patient while we all get acquainted.
9) Please don't bring food or drink into Custom Electronic 
10) Bring your own surge protectors.
11) HAVE FUN!

There should be plenty of space for everyone's equipment.  As Doug said, Larry provides some countertops as well as a table.  This year will will also have a couple of stations to demo their equipment.  If we run out of room, I am sure we can setup at one of the stations as well.  Larry is kindly providing us space, if a customer walks in, please be courteous and patient if he or Tim have to run off and help any customers.

Etiquette that may or may not need to be mentioned (but I guess I will be that guy)... we will be in a small room with a bunch of guys, to respect everyone attending, please bathe (and/or clean your ears
blink.gif
) but don't slather on too much cologne or hair gel.  I know this may sound silly, however, it is something most people don't think about before events.  I would personally request smokers refrain from imbibing until after demoing other's gear.  

From my experience, I think most of us are pretty laid back.  Don't be afraid to ask questions.  We're all here to have a good time and try out new gear!  Feel free to add anything I may have missed.

AND ANOTHER ONE...

EDIT: Guess I should have read the whole post, but I think it deserves repeating. DON'T BE THAT GUY OR GIRL

Great points. If you are are worried about your headphones, bring some towels or cloth to help cushion them as they lay on a table.

Otherwise, I know this shouldn't have to be said, but I'll be the bad guy here:

1. Please take a shower and wash your hair. These are other peoples headphones.
2. Brush your teeth and watch your breath. You will be around others all day in an enclosed space.
3. Don't put product in your hair. Again, these are other peoples headphones.
4. Put on deodorant; don't overdue it. The room isn't real big and it will get warm real quick. No need for cologne.
5. If you bring a visitor (SO or otherwise), please clue them into the etiquette beforehand.
6. DON'T MAKE FUN OF OTHER PEOPLE'S MUSICAL TASTES. Even if you think it's just in jest. Don't make the same mistakes I have. People like the musicians/artists that they like.
7. Try to keep an open mind about new music. That's been one of the great aspects of going to a meet: I always come away with great suggestions.

Aug 13, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #7 of 15
I will be coming.  I will be bringing my NAD m51 DAC and Cavalli Liquid Crimson amp.  I also have a Violectric stack and/or a Woo Wa7 with tuber power supply I can bring if anyone wants me to.  Headphones will be the LCD-3, LCD-XC, Oppo PM-1 and PM-3, Fostex TH900, and Sony MDR-Z7.  I have may closed back portables, you can check my profile and let me know if there is anything you want to listen to.  Portable stuff will be a Chord Hugo, Oppo HA-2, Astell and Kerns 240 and 100ii, and Ibasso DX-90.  I will also have various Noble universal iems to try and a custom prestige to view along with some DHC and Forza cables.  I Look forward to seeing people and listening to gear.

Jim

Aug 14, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #8 of 15
I will be coming.  I will be bringing my NAD m51 DAC and Cavalli Liquid Crimson amp.  I also have a Violectric stack and/or a Woo Wa7 with tuber power supply I can bring if anyone wants me to.  Headphones will be the LCD-3, LCD-XC, Oppo PM-1 and PM-3, Fostex TH900, and Sony MDR-Z7.  I have may closed back portables, you can check my profile and let me know if there is anything you want to listen to.  Portable stuff will be a Chord Hugo, Oppo HA-2, Astell and Kerns 240 and 100ii, and Ibasso DX-90.  I will also have various Noble universal iems to try and a custom prestige to view along with some DHC and Forza cables.  I Look forward to seeing people and listening to gear.

Jim

Wow! Thanks for all bringing such a haul! I'm super curious how your TH900s will sound on my 10.33, since my TH600 has terrific synergy with it.

I am certainly looking forward to hearing the Oppo PM-1 as well.

Thanks for the update.

Jul 1, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #15 of 15
Let me know next time an Omaha meet is set up! I work weekends, but I'd love to attend. I'd figure something out :p *cough cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back