Omaha NE Head-Fi Meet April 20, 2013!
Apr 9, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #16 of 50
Quote:
I'm super sorry to hear this! I actually sold my HE-400 for quite a good deal. Sorry to get your hopes up.

I will be bringing the HD600 if I can attend, however, so there's that.

Well then.... 
size]
 In lieu of this tragic news, I will look on the bright side... no temptation for an upgrade! 

I will be bringing my HD580 with the HD600 grill mod.  I would love to compare to two and see if they in fact sound the same as everyone claims.  I noticed in your signature, you are considering a Bifrost.  We can hook up your A2 and see if that's the direction you'd like to go.  Looks like we will be nose deep in Schiit this year 
size]

Apr 9, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #18 of 50
Quote:
Bahahah. The HE-500 should still be there. :wink:

As for the HD600 vs HD580 mod, that'll be fun to compare.

Aw yeah, I'm stoked for that!

I liked the HD600 when I heard it, though I'd take the HE-500 over it. Both are smooth, neutral headphones, but one with significantly better resolution, separation, and bass extension :wink:

Apr 11, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #19 of 50
I'll be there.  I don't have anything exciting to bring.

Apr 12, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #21 of 50
I would like to change what I'm bringing, though I can now confirm the 11-1:30/2 time frame that I had planned.

It's been a chaotic week, so want to clarify a few things so people don't get disappointed. I'm also pumped, so am typing to express my excitement.

I cancelled my order of the Asgard 2, so will not be bringing that. It was supposed to arrive much beforehand, but I changed my mind.

However, I will still be bringing my DT880 (600 ohm), HD600, and....

I purchased an HE-5LE from ebay. It SHOULD arrive before the meet - I dearly hope it does.

Looking forward to meeting you all,

Tim

Apr 12, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #22 of 50
Quote:
I would like to change what I'm bringing, though I can now confirm the 11-1:30/2 time frame that I had planned.

It's been a chaotic week, so want to clarify a few things so people don't get disappointed. I'm also pumped, so am typing to express my excitement.

I cancelled my order of the Asgard 2, so will not be bringing that. It was supposed to arrive much beforehand, but I changed my mind.

However, I will still be bringing my DT880 (600 ohm), HD600, and....

I purchased an HE-5LE from ebay. It SHOULD arrive before the meet - I dearly hope it does.

Looking forward to meeting you all,

Tim

Good decision on canceling the A2, it sounds like they were getting backordered due to quality control issues.  Better to wait and see if you like it before committing.  i am in the same boat with a pair of headphones right now.  I sent a set of mine to a friend for modding, they should arrive in time.  I look forward to the 20th!

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:26 AM Post #23 of 50
I will bring my Brainwavz HM5's and an old pair of 8 ohm pioneer two way cans SE-50's.

Also I created an Omaha head-fi group since i didn't find one on Facebook, for ease of communication and post meet pic posting. The link is as follows

https://www.facebook.com/groups/441168172638819/

Apr 15, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #25 of 50
I've joined the group now on Facebook, gritzcolin. Thanks!

I would seriously LOVE to go and bring all my shiny gear; alas, I have to work on Saturdays and with four weddings to go to this summer with no vacation (I work part time for the city) I can't justify taking the time off to listen to headphones.

I hope this is a great one and I hope you guys post pics. I'll keep my eyes peeled to this thread and others in the future. 

SOMEDAY I SHALL REJOIN YOU!

-Nylan

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #27 of 50
Looks like I have everything in order so should be able to make it. Will bring lcd3, fostex at900 (should arrive tomorrow), bifrost, lyr, and Asgard for sure. Can also bring thunderpants, denon d5000, m100, and portable gear if there is interest.

Jim

Apr 16, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #29 of 50
Quote:
Looks like I have everything in order so should be able to make it. Will bring lcd3, fostex at900 (should arrive tomorrow), bifrost, lyr, and Asgard for sure. Can also bring thunderpants, denon d5000, m100, and portable gear if there is interest.

Jim

I have always wanted to try the LCD-2 rev2, but I guess I can live with trying an LCD-3. 

:wink:

Very awesome.

Apr 16, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #30 of 50
Quote:

Jim

This. This is awesome!

These 4 in particular I would love to hear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back