Omaha NE Head-Fi Meet April 20, 2013!
Mar 19, 2013 at 2:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

Douger333

100+ Head-Fier
Custom Electronics has been very kind to accommodate meets the past couple of years, and Larry agrees that it would be a good idea again! Last year we had a
bit of ambiguity about the dates, because I jumped in cold and had no experience organizing...  This time we are good with April 20 which gives us a month to
plan. That will be Saturday, from 11 to 4.  The location will be Custom Electronics, 7511 Pacific St. Omaha, NE.  Please let me know!  Thanks!
Doug
Douger333

Mar 20, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #2 of 50
Thank you for getting this setup Doug!  I can confirm that I will attend. 

What I am bringing:
Amp:
Schit Asgard

DAC:
Schiit BiFrost

Cans:
Fischer FA-011
T50rp (modded; stacked pads)
HD580 (modded; HD600 grills)
Grado sr80i (L-Cush Pads)
ATH-AD700 (if requested)
Brainwaves HM3 (modded; pads)

Other Gear:
Grant Fidelity B-283mkii Tube Buffer (if requested)

Additionally, Spirit World will also be a sponsor for the event!

Having more sway, I am throwing in a FREE whisk(e)y tasting this year, exclusive to HeadFiers (after the meet).  This time 'round, I will be taking requests.  I figure we can do a Bourbon/Rye/Irish/Scotch tasting.  I am working on getting a bottle of Templeton for the event now that it is finally available in Nebraska.  I will also throw out there, if there's enough interest, my Chef wants suggest a Whisk(e)y Food Pairing.  We need a minimum, of 10 people to throw down to make it happen.  Let me know if there is interest asap.

Overview:
1) 10% Discount to the Deli   Sorry guys, no discount.. but I'll be printing off some free dessert coupons
2) FREE Whisk(e)y Tasting
3) Potential Whisk(e)y Food Pairing  Not enough feedback... maybe next year
4) *EDIT - 10% Retail Discount (though Jager is excluded just for you Aynjell!)

Looking forward to April 20th!

-Devin (mrscotchguy)

Mar 26, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #4 of 50
Doug, any word on other sponsors?  Any chance to get a Senn HD800/HD700 at the event?!
size]

Apr 2, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #8 of 50
Quote:
Sweet, I plan on stopping by!

Unfortunately, my 21-year-old tongue lacks the culture to appreciate whiskey, so I'm afraid I won't work as an addition for that event.

Come anyway, your company will be enjoyed even if you're just learning. Just because you don't know doesn't mean you can't, right? When you came to head-fi did you have the ears to appreciate headphones? Probably not is my guess, no reason to deny yourself a learning oppurtunity and a chance of fellowship with other omahans, whether it be head-fi, whiskey... or whatever. A lot of us are also gamers, I wager you'd fit right in! ^^

Apr 2, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #9 of 50
Quote:

Come anyway, your company will be enjoyed even if you're just learning. Just because you don't know doesn't mean you can't, right? When you came to head-fi did you have the ears to appreciate headphones? Probably not is my guess, no reason to deny yourself a learning oppurtunity and a chance of fellowship with other omahans, whether it be head-fi, whiskey... or whatever. A lot of us are also gamers, I wager you'd fit right in! ^^

Aye aye, wise words there. Rather, the gist of my last message was that I don't like whiskey, but I may give it a go!

I am a gamer as well, but rather selective to PC games. Particularly CS:S & LoL.

Apr 5, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #10 of 50
I'm getting excited folks! I don't have much to offer in the way of headphones, but I can bring something rather unique to the meet - my custom built Magnum X headphones.

Devin, I'm excited especially to try the Schiit combo as well as your T50rp & HD580!

Doug, are you bringing your Denons? I've always wanted to try some Denons!

Aynjell, I've always wanted to hear the HD650, even though I'm fairly confident it won't suit my tastes :wink:

Look forward to meeting you guys,
Matt

Apr 6, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #12 of 50
I may be there from 11-1 due to prior engagements on this day.

Alas, I'll only have the DT880 (600 ohm) and HE-400 to bring, but it'll make a good comparison to the HE-500 also coming along.

Alas, I am merely 19, so no whisk(e)y for me!

Apr 7, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #14 of 50
I may be there from 11-1 due to prior engagements on this day.

Alas, I'll only have the DT880 (600 ohm) and HE-400 to bring, but it'll make a good comparison to the HE-500 also coming along.

Alas, I am merely 19, so no whisk(e)y for me!

I am super stoked to listen to a HE-400, I am pretty sure they will be my next pair of headphones.

As for the whisky, we've all been there, 21 will come quick. It's tough having two expensive hobbies! Hope to see you there.

Apr 9, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #15 of 50
Quote:
I am super stoked to listen to a HE-400, I am pretty sure they will be my next pair of headphones.

As for the whisky, we've all been there, 21 will come quick. It's tough having two expensive hobbies! Hope to see you there.

I'm super sorry to hear this! I actually sold my HE-400 for quite a good deal. Sorry to get your hopes up.

I will be bringing the HD600 if I can attend, however, so there's that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back