Omaha Head-Fi Meet, #2! (@ Custom Electronics :: Oct 9th!)
Sep 28, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #62 of 100

Quote:
ALO isn't by chance giving away that cable are they?

Oh, and I forgot to answer this sooner, but yes that ALO cable will work on my HD-580's.

Yes, they are a raffle prize.
beerchug.gif

bass, have youdone the HD600 grille mod on your cans yet? If not, you need to do that before the meet. 

Call senn, the grills are really cheap and bring them a lot closer to HD600. Almost 99% of the HD600.

Sep 29, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #63 of 100
Our Shure/Monster/etc. rep was kind enough to give me a handful of red Shure lanyards. They will be first come, first serve.

He will be posting in this thread soon so that he can stop by on his lunch break to check it out.

-Nylan

Sep 29, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #65 of 100
I call dibs on one of the lanyards. as a proud srh840 owner I DESERVE one. Can shure provide any demo samples? (mostly jk, but I want one)

also mattcbr9, we welcome you to our meet. I look forward to meeting new people.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 29, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #68 of 100

[size=medium] [size=medium] [size=medium][size=11pt]Do you have a guesstimate on what the hours will be for the meet?  [/size][/size][/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] [size=medium][size=11pt]The drive down from Minneapolis doesn’t sound to bad, the drive back after the bourbon tasting might be a little more difficult
wink_face.gif
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]

Sep 29, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #69 of 100

Quote:

[size=medium] [size=medium] [size=medium][size=11pt]Do you have a guesstimate on what the hours will be for the meet?  [/size][/size][/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] [size=medium][size=11pt]The drive down from Minneapolis doesn’t sound to bad, the drive back after the bourbon tasting might be a little more difficult
wink_face.gif
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]

Day time hours. Maybe 8 or 9 to 5. I will double check on this saturday morning.
smily_headphones1.gif

Though I imagine if everyone's game we might could extend that window a bit... but after 8 hours of headphone listening I'll be about done. Only 15 people worth of gear. I could probably listen to a full dsotm on every setup in that time frame.

And man I want a minimax there so badly.

Sep 30, 2010 at 4:15 AM Post #70 of 100

Quote:

[size=medium]  [/size]
wink_face.gif
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]

Spirit World stays open until 9:00PM.  Feel free to stay after the tasting til then.  I'm sure if everyone is buying stuff I can keep the store open a bit longer.  Though, I provide a dump bucket if you don't want to drink all your tastey whiskey.  I promise I won't tell anyone 
tongue_smile.gif
.  For some reason, the dump bucket never really gets used, go figure.

Oct 1, 2010 at 10:29 AM Post #71 of 100

Quote:
 I could probably listen to a full dsotm on every setup in that time frame.

Guess I better bring DSOTM for my turntable....

Speaking of: any suggestions for vinyl to bring? I don't have a huge collection, mainly classic rock, but if you name an artist, I might be able to bring it.

RE Senn mods: No I have not. I honestly loved my HD580's so much, I don't want to mod them. But they have been replaced by my JVC's. Still a great can!

Oct 1, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #73 of 100
 Nylan: how good of condition is yours in? Mine is an original pressing and it's been played a lot. I'll give it a good listen tonight to see if its up to snuff, but it might be nice to have a better copy on hand if yours is better. Also, how nice is your TT preamp? Would you mind bringing that to A/B with if you're not bringing too much already?

Oct 2, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #74 of 100
It's a week out now. Hopefully I get some packages soon, I got 3 outstanding at the moment. Supposedly 2 of those three go out monday, awaiting confirmation from whiplash, however. Also, will be checking out CE tomorrow to get things straightened out in regards to placement, space, etc.

Oct 2, 2010 at 9:11 AM Post #75 of 100
I do have a fresh 180g pressing that's been played all of twice...however...I'm VERY protective of that copy as it was a gift. I'd be willing to bring it as long as people are very careful. The other stuff is used and not in as good of condition.

I'd be more than willing to bring my preamp. I don't mind at all, so long as I don't have to lug my turntable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back