Olympus DSLR Appreciation Thread
Sep 22, 2008 at 12:46 AM Post #107 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Incidentally, I found something called a "Dandelion" that has a chip you can use with old lenses. It enables the focus indicator and metering.

Here is an old thread from DPreview commenting on the Dandelion.

There is the Russian one and an Asian one (you can find it on eBay). Don't really know which is better at the moment.

Sep 22, 2008 at 4:50 PM Post #108 of 159
Anyone here use older Olympus film SLRs? I was wondering if there are any cameras from Olympus that are comparible to the Nikon F2? Mainly what I am looking for is a rugged, all metal, manual film SLR that doesn't absolutely require batteries to function.

Thanks in advance.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 22, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #110 of 159
It's a non-functional concept model, but if they can get their Micro 4/3's to look like that concept and take decent pictures, I'd be really tempted.

I think the winning combination will be a system standard. Hopefully they won't drop the call like Sigma did with the DP-1.

-Ed

Sep 22, 2008 at 11:35 PM Post #111 of 159
^I'm afraid of that same thing. Here's too someone releasing a Ricoh like body with an APS-C sensor. Gimme one with like a 24mm 1.7, and an adapter to give me a normal view, and I would seriously consider selling most of my stuff.

Sep 22, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #112 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by nineohtoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^I'm afraid of that same thing. Here's too someone releasing a Ricoh like body with an APS-C sensor. Gimme one with like a 24mm 1.7, and an adapter to give me a normal view, and I would seriously consider selling most of my stuff.

The one in the pic is a fixed lens, right? Looks like it to me.

Sep 23, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #113 of 159
Sep 25, 2008 at 1:34 PM Post #114 of 159
I am an Olympus lover too! I have the E-510 and I think it is one of the best value for money DSLR's one can get.

Sep 25, 2008 at 2:51 PM Post #115 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by rasmushorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am an Olympus lover too! I have the E-510 and I think it is one of the best value for money DSLR's one can get.

Awesome! I look forward to seeing some of your favorite shots.

Oct 2, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #116 of 159
The Olypmus lens you quote is super high grade - top of the line. It is the best optics Olympus produces. Is the Nikon lens on the same level? I honestly have no idea but in order to compare the two you would need to do more than look at the specs on paper.

Oct 3, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #117 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by uhcmos1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Olypmus lens you quote is super high grade - top of the line. It is the best optics Olympus produces. Is the Nikon lens on the same level? I honestly have no idea but in order to compare the two you would need to do more than look at the specs on paper.

You need to learn how to use the quote button. I have no idea who you are referring to.

Oct 3, 2008 at 4:51 AM Post #118 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You need to learn how to use the quote button. I have no idea who you are referring to.

He's quoting me from about 40 post back. I'm not sure what that was in reference to. I guess he thinks I made a good point.
icon10.gif

Oct 3, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #120 of 159
Nice shots evilmerlin. I really like the colors on that flower and the perspective on the sunset shot is really interesting.

How do you like the 12-60mm lens? That's one I have my eye on but being a Pro-level lens it's a bit out of my price range. Instead I will probably upgrade my kit 14-42mm to the mid level 14-54 at some point, but honestly the kit lens is pretty darn good so I don't really feel the need other than wanting to buy a new toy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back