Olive Opus and Olive Musica now at American Techpushers.
Jun 14, 2006 at 11:54 AM Post #16 of 25
Thanks. That solves one problem for me anyway. The cost of solid state and disc memory is dropping like a rock. Saw a Maxtor outboard 200G drive for $79 after rebate. That's just incredible. Now the only thing that keeps me from buying an Olive is no video out or imbedded on screen display(OSD). Once I get the thing full of WAV files I don't want to have to go near it again. I operate all of my audio and video devices via a Home Theater Master Universal Remote and navigate the various menu's via their native OSD's via my 60" Sony LCD RPTV from 15 feet away. I think they missed the boat there. Seems like they should have included VGA out and a keyboard interface at the very least or some type of TV video out and an OSD with navigation button on remote. The concept is almost fully realized. I have been thinking about spec'ing out a PC for several years with all these features and got it down to around $1000. The only thing that kept me from doing it was and acceptable "jukebox" type program for storing, accessing and playing WAV files.

Jun 16, 2006 at 2:46 PM Post #17 of 25
Personally I have been never been a fan of do all devices, they never seem to do anything well, just good enough. I do see your point but I am glad olive won’t add it unitl it does not effect the sound quality.

Thanks for your interest..

P.S Will post a Black Muscia picture latter today.

Jun 21, 2006 at 9:41 AM Post #19 of 25
Here is the picture of the black Musica that couple of you asked for.

blackm.jpg

Keith Ashwood
American Techpushers

Jul 20, 2006 at 8:10 AM Post #25 of 25
There is now a 750GB Olive Opus. The Unit retails for 3999.00.

We should have some non stock photos soon as we wait for our own model to arrive!

Keith Ashwood
American Techpushers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back