Olive Opus and Olive Musica now at American Techpushers.
May 30, 2006 at 5:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

K.Ashwood

100+ Head-Fier
Olive Opus and Olive Musica now at American Techpushers.

American Techpushers is proud to introduce the Olive Opus and Olive Musica. Stand alone high end audiophile players and recorders.

We have chosen not offer the Sonata at this time because the Sonata is getting a major upgrade. Olive is implementing a new color touch screen as well as new DACs. The new model should be arriving at end of June or July. We will update as soon as they become available. We wanted our customers to have the very best and since the release date is so soon we opted not to make a quick buck like other retailers.

If you have questions about pricing, availability, shipping or anything else please don’t hesitate to contact us questions(at)americantechpushers.com

We also have added a specials page and a feedback page to our website so be sure to stop by and check them out. We are looking for suggestions for a sale! Please let us know!

Olive OPUS

img-256.jpg

The new Olive OPUS combines the fidelity of a high-end CD player with the convenience of digital audio technology. The breathtaking audio fidelity is courtesy of a customized audio board with four 24-bit DACs and temperature-compensated crystal oscillator. Its innovation builds upon a 500GB hard drive that stores up to 1,400 of your CDs in lossless quality, allowing you to conveniently access all your favorite music.
  1. 8x over sampling (352.8 kHz sample rate)
  2. Full-scale 32-bit processor (PowerPC)
  3. Built-in database with 2,000,0000 tracks to recognize and tag CDs
  4. 2 DACS per channel operate differentially to eliminate common mode distortions
  5. 500 GB HD which "floats" on 8x bearing to eliminate vibration and operating noise.

See complete specifications here:

See Reviews here:

Olive Musica

img-256.gif

This is no ordinary CD player. It runs Linux on a PowerPC processor and includes a built-in 802.11g Wi-Fi access point, a 250 GB hard drive, numerous ports, analog and digital I/O ports, and generally one hell of an audio feature set. The device can rip and burn CDs and then copy music directly to an Apple iPod.
  1. Full-scale 32-bit processor (PowerPC)
  2. Ample processing power for multi-tasking
  3. Simultaneous recording of and listening to CDs
  4. Flawless encoding and decoding of lossless audio format
  5. Fast management and access to extensive music libraries
  6. Smooth multi-room audio streaming
  7. 250 GB HD; Holds up to 70,000 MP3 songs; Extremely quiet.
  8. Accurate recording from a variety of external devices such as MiniDisc, DVD and DAT.
  9. 2x USB 1.1/2.0 (Copy music from your music center to an Apple® iPod™)

See complete specifications here:

See Reviews here:

Again if you have any questions about pricing, availability, shipping or anything else please don’t hesitate to contact us questions(at)americantechpushers.com

Keith Ashwood
American Techpushers

May 31, 2006 at 12:45 PM Post #3 of 25
I am interested in a Opus, but I have a question -- will it support Apple Lossles files?

May 31, 2006 at 8:53 PM Post #4 of 25
Hi skylab

It does not at this time. I am inquiring about if being planned in the future or not. I would imagine that it would at some point.

I had some apple lossless myself and had to re-rip my CD’s to FLAC.

This is a handy tool

http://webearce.com.ar/

Any more questions feel free to Ask!

Keith Ashwood
American Techpushers

Jun 4, 2006 at 12:17 AM Post #6 of 25
I wanted to give an update on what I found out about Apple Lossless being added. After a couple of phones calls and some emails I could get no definitive word that it will be added in the future. We where told that it when it comes to apple codecs, Olive moves slowly and cautiously. Which really means it’s a licensing issue rather then a technical one.

We will keep everybody posted here and on the website.

Keith Ashwood
American Techpushers

Jun 4, 2006 at 1:13 AM Post #7 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by K.Ashwood
I wanted to give an update on what I found out about Apple Lossless being added. After a couple of phones calls and some emails I could get no definitive word that it will be added in the future. We where told that it when it comes to apple codecs, Olive moves slowly and cautiously. Which really means it’s a licensing issue rather then a technical one.

We will keep everybody posted here and on the website.

Keith Ashwood
American Techpushers

Thanks keith, please do keep us posted.

Jun 12, 2006 at 10:49 AM Post #12 of 25
Any possibility of being able to add outboard after market hard drives via the USB ports or if Olive will be adding video ouputs and an OSD to any of the models?

Jun 14, 2006 at 12:21 AM Post #15 of 25
Offical response from Olive

Yes, with software version 2.2 standard external HDs can be used with our units.

We are looking into adding video out, but for now, the frequency that video runs on interferes with the audio quality. It may be sometime before this happens, but there will be a solution, most likely a pda type remote device with color touch screen

Keith Ashwood
American Techpushers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back