Older Sansa Clip Models
May 15, 2019 at 8:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bode

Head-Fier
May 16, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #2 of 4
The Clip, not the clip+ I think, was the last version you could flash to Rockbox IIRC. I have heard absolutely nothing good about anything after the Clip got discontinued.

I think that price is outrageous, btw. For reconditioned you should pay 25 Euros at the most.

May 16, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #3 of 4
I think you're right, they are selling for crazy prices considering you can buy a refurbished Shanling M0 for less.

You can Rockbox the Fuze and Fuze+, Clip, Clip+ and Clip Zip at present, but I've yet to check out the DACs on the later models.

Last edited:
May 16, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #4 of 4
I think you're right, they are selling for crazy prices considering you can buy a refurbished Shanling M0 for less.

You can Rockbox the Fuze and Fuze+, Clip, Clip+ and Clip Zip at present, but I've yet to check out the DACs on the later models.

You're right, my bad. I should have checked the site again before posting. I remember I was looking for a Sansa Clip for my wife a few years ago right after they got discontinued, and Rockbox was reporting major issues with the new units and I am pretty sure I read on the forums or some development note that because of some oddities in the new processors they thought they would probably never be supported.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back