Old Vs. New px 100
Feb 27, 2008 at 6:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

sackynut

100+ Head-Fier
Hopefully this post isnt really dumb or something, if so delete it.

Im just wondering if Sennheiser changed their design for the px 100 over time.

I just purchased a pair off of newegg.com and fell in love with them. After listening to my friends pair, that he has owned for quite close to a year, I was blown away. His bass is MUCH stronger than mine, from the same source at the same volume.

My bass is good, but his is what I would expect. I considered that mine arent burned in, but this is a little bit more difference than I would expect burning in to make.

Any thoughts?

Feb 27, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #2 of 7
Yes there was a change in the PX100's.
The original ones are much darker with more bass, then newer edition was re-balanced to be less bloated.
I do not know of any visible telltale signs which can be used to differentiate the two other than if they are white they are the newer version as the older ones were only available in black.

Feb 27, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #3 of 7
Men
mad.gif
why can't they just call a new version a MKversionnumber, so it is clear that there's a new version
confused.gif

Yak!

Feb 27, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #4 of 7
They changed the box color at the time, but its been so many years since the new ones came out I have forgotten what the old ones were packaged in. Having had both, I can tell you that the new ones sound better anyway.

Feb 27, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #6 of 7
does anyone know when the new px100s came out? or around that time?

Feb 28, 2008 at 2:36 AM Post #7 of 7
I remember reading an report (or rumor) few years back that Senn. had problem with OEM quality control that they had to make some change to their PX line production. The sound and build quality change a bit after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back