Old UE vs. Logitech UEs?
Aug 17, 2009 at 6:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mistertomlinson

100+ Head-Fier
I was JUST about to send my 11 month old, pre-Logitech Triple.fis into UniqueMelody for remolding and wanted to get the cracked cable replaced under warranty this morning. I just got off the phone and it appears as though, rather than send me a new cable, they're going to REPLACE them with a new pair of buds (the rep on the phone CLEARLY specified I would get new Triple.fis, though perhaps he made a mistake and MEANT just the cable. He also gave me no return instructions or RMA number. Could it be that he made a mistake and I will be allowed to keep the old pair as well?)!!!

This sounded great at first, then the paranoia in me started worrying that the newer, post-Logitech UEs may be made of inferior parts... and perhaps I am better off keeping my old Triple.fis. Does anyone have any idea if the newer TF10s are the same as the old ones? Has anything changed?

Thanks for any help.

Aug 17, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #2 of 2
Last I heard, Logitech bought the whole company off, including the factory and all the workers - not just the brand and start making IEM from scratch. So what is the worry? I don't think the machines and workers will start making inferior products just because the company board members are different. If anything, Logitech is a much bigger company that earn much more money than the original UE. They ought to know how to run a business properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back