Old shure E3C - Send it back or not?
Oct 7, 2008 at 4:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kawasakiguy37

New Head-Fier
I have an old pair of shure E3c's that I used to love laying around, but the cord seems to have gotten old with time and now it only works in very certain positions (otherwise one or both ears cutout). They are out of warranty, is it worth it sending them in to shure for repair / replacement? Will I get a new set, a replacement set of E3's, or mine repaired? I believe the repair / replacement cost is 50 dollars. Thanks

-Chris

Oct 7, 2008 at 12:03 PM Post #2 of 7
I had E3c's for a couple of years, sold them on e-Bay and put the money towards SE530's. If you can afford it you won't regret it. Alternatively Ety ER4P if you prefer their more clinical audio balance (which as a Shure fan, you probably don't...).

Oct 7, 2008 at 12:39 PM Post #3 of 7
My out of warranty E3c's fell apart earlier this year, The tube that holds the ear tip came away from the monitor body at a glued join! I lost the piece otherwise would of glued it back together myself.

So i contacted Shure UK & they told me
"They no longer repair these phones, but if they are in warranty they would exchange them for SE210 current model, or out of warranty would give me 25% off RRP, if i sent them back to them."

I was disappointed as the part is still in production for the SCL3's! Not very good customer service at all.

So shure will never get another penny from me!!

I got the Sleek sa6's & love them so something good came out of it!

But the 25% off RRP might be good for you if you want some more shure's!(If they offer you the same deal)
So shoot them an email

Oct 7, 2008 at 3:41 PM Post #4 of 7
well 25% is better then nothing if they are out of warranty.
Cmon guys after 2 years no one will give u anything, 25% is kind of big deal.

Lol ill sell my shures before they hit 2 years
biggrin.gif

Oct 7, 2008 at 4:05 PM Post #5 of 7
The problem is that Shure's "25%" still makes them more expensive than elsewhere, so it's no offer at all really - especially as they are getting the added margin that a retail store would normally take off them.
I had exactly the same offer when exactly the same thing happened to my e2c's.

Waste of time.

I'm still using them until my Denon's arrive - they are quite literally hanging by a thread now!

Oct 7, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #6 of 7
So basically my shures are useless now? Ultra lame. Im not that bummed, I bought them here used anyways....I guess ill just look into picking up something new then. Ill look into the etys

edit: Anything good cheaper than the etys? Im looking to spend 100 or less

edit2: Or is it worth it to try to recable the E2C's myself?

Oct 8, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #7 of 7
I prefer my ER6i over E3c, and I vastly prefer my RE2 over ER6i. With the FiiO E3 amp to improve RE2's bass light issue, the whole combo should still cost around $100 now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back