Old M50s and new M50s Wich one should I get
Aug 15, 2013 at 3:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

frozing

New Head-Fier
so Iam planing to buy an ATM M50 but they are the old ones( the blue box) should I get de new ones ( white box ), Iam buying it for 130$ ( the blue ones ), the ones that comes in the white box cost 200 $ , please help me to decide , Iam very confuse :S

Aug 15, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #2 of 8
Its not so much a matter of new vs. old. It is only a matter of style and personal preference. Get which one you like the looks of the most and can afford.

Aug 15, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:
So Iam planing to buy an ATM M50 but they are the old ones( the blue box) should I get de new ones ( white box ), Iam buying it for 130$ ( the blue ones ), the white cost 200 $ , please help me to decide , Iam very confuse :S

Have you check out the ATH-A900Xs headphones, should offer better audio quality.

Aug 15, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #4 of 8
The thing is that Those m50s that comes in the blue box are here in my country , but the other one I will need to buy it from amazon and the shipping is very expensive here.

Aug 15, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:
The thing is that Those m50s that comes in the blue box are here in my country , but the other one I will need to buy it from Amazon and the shipping is very expensive here.

I would assume they are the same headphones.
I would assume the blue is the older style of packaging.
So go for the $130 ones.

Aug 15, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #6 of 8
From what I've read, the blue box version has more bass than the white box version. I think that's why old reviews called them basshead headphones.

I don't know if that's true or not that's just what I read. I would love to get a blue box M50 but they're no longer available here and they're hard to find in good condition.

Aug 15, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #7 of 8
There is some disagreement over whether or not there is any real difference between the blue and white box (there has been discussion about this on head-fi). I don't know that I would pay that much more for the white box.

At $200 for the white box M50s, you might be able to find better headphones. What other headphones are available in your price range?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back