Old Guy Utterly Confused
Jun 27, 2008 at 4:24 PM Post #31 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You wear your headphones on your butt?

Provantage has them right now (well, they order them for you asap) for $208. LINK. They are factory warrantied as well...

Only when I have too much Guinness.....Actually I ordered them previously from Provantage and they were on backorder at the time, while I was waiting for them I talked myself out of them and into the HD600's and now I'm back to the D2000's. Like I said UTTERLY CONFUSED!!!

Jun 27, 2008 at 4:24 PM Post #32 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by pataburd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Golden,
And you're Head-Fi's mercurial gadfly. You seem to be in (at least) two places at once as your posts grow exponentially--LOL! : )

Yours is a welcome breath of fresh air--emphasis on "fresh"--on these time-honored threads of late, and a cheerful rejoinder to my comparatively grave way of plodding about things. : )
PAB

Lol, thx! Yeah, I bounce around like a monkey on caffeine...wait, sorry...that IS what I am most of the time. One minute serious, the next goofy, sometimes hijacking threads, usually injecting something into the conversation, mostly humor, sometimes sage advice, sometimes odd takes on things, my take and experience, but always with no forethought of malice or ill intent, here to dispel the myth that audiophilia is the milieu of rich uptight stuffy snobs and enigineers with a stick up their butt. Oft times I wax lyrical, seldom do I speak the voice of rigid authoritarianism, instead preferring to spread my opinion like seed on the wind...wherever it lands, I hope it takes root and becomes of use to those seeking answers in this maelstrom of subjectivity...

Can you tell I'm sleep depried and overdosing on tea right now?

Jun 27, 2008 at 4:26 PM Post #33 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by inthecup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only when I have too much Guinness.....Actually I ordered them previously from Provantage and they were on backorder at the time, while I was waiting for them I talked myself out of them and into the HD600's and now I'm back to the D2000's. Like I said UTTERLY CONFUSED!!!

WOW pretty good price for the D5000's also...more confused all the time.

Jun 27, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #34 of 50
Quote:

Damn...well, you could look in the for sale forums here, or peruse Audiogon...
wait, I just checked Audiogon for you, and none were listed. They appear to be a pretty hot comodity these days.

Jun 27, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #35 of 50
Quote:

WOW pretty good price for the D5000's also...more confused all the time.

The Headroom site describes the D5000 as "less forward" than the D2000, two words which have (temporarily) checked my stealthy advance on the "white tiger" of closed headphones (i.e. the D5000).

I like forward. : )

Am spinning Dire Straits' Brothers in Arms cd right now (w/the Denon and the Bada). The D2000 do do this milestone 80's disc justice, IMHO. : )

Jun 27, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #36 of 50
Brothers In Arms remastered is quite nice on the D2K. I really like it on my 650's as well. Knopfl;er's guitar and voice sound so smooth and rich.

Jun 27, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #37 of 50
Quote:

Can you tell I'm sleep deprived and overdosing on tea right now?

Yes. And that was evident well before you asked the above question! : )

Jun 27, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #38 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by pataburd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes. And that was evident well before you asked the above question! : )

I was up late last night watching Spain whup the crap out of Russia in the Euro 2008 semis...*big yawn*...as soon as I get some backup here at work, bedways is bestways, best be getting homeways...get a bit a spatchka...

a-clockwork-orange-alex-at-the-korova-milk-bar.jpg

Jun 27, 2008 at 4:50 PM Post #39 of 50
Quote:

Brothers In Arms remastered is quite nice on the D2K. I really like it on my 650's as well. Knopfl;er's guitar and voice sound so smooth and rich.

Well I did it again ordered the D2000 from Provantage. Please ban me from these forums until my D2000s arrive. Thanks to PAB & Golden Monkey for your input. Now I guess I must move on to the amp/dac decision.

Jun 27, 2008 at 4:53 PM Post #40 of 50
NOOO! Don't leave us!

Jun 27, 2008 at 4:53 PM Post #41 of 50
Quote:

LOL...what's the minimum age for OAF membership? "I'm not old, I'm 37!" (OLD Monty Python reference, lol), but man, I feel older than that...

Any well-played MP reference is a good start. But, ultimately only you can determine when you're ready for OAF'ness.

Jun 27, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #42 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any well-played MP reference is a good start. But, ultimately only you can determine when you're ready for OAF'ness.

I will be bummed when I hit 38, because then I won't be able to use that line any more. Maybe I should just change my name to Dennis...

Jun 27, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #43 of 50
Quote:

NOOO! Don't leave us!

I won't be leaving, just keep those HD600's guys away from me till my D2000 shows up. Those folks at Provantage must think I'm a bit nuts. I guess that's why I enjoy it here so much.

Jun 27, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #44 of 50
Quote:

Well I did it again ordered the D2000 from Provantage. . . . Now I guess I must move on to the amp/dac decision.

Keep us posted ITC. By the way, I'm having a great time right now with the D2000 and the Bada PH-12 while BTO's "Lookin' Out for No.1" plays. : )

Jun 27, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #45 of 50
ITC, there's that tread floating around about "I impulsively bought the D2000's...", and the guy wants to return them. I posted that if he still has them and wants to sell, to shoot you a PM. Hope that's ok with you. He got them dirt cheap, btw, but it was a really limited time offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back