Okay so tell me I'm an idiot - Ebay :) Arrived Fine. Very Happy
May 6, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #16 of 36
Ive always found it a little odd when sellers go out of there way trying to sell a product and put Genuine and whatnot all over the post, but that's just me. Fake phones are easy to sell since the majority of buyers aren't as informed as we are here.

May 6, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #17 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know think Sennheiser probably over engineered the carrying box to create some misery for the pirates.

Anyway you can't say that this is a fake just because you got really lucky and got it for cheap. It is an auction after all.

Agreed. I dont want to do the seller a diservice either. Lets just wait and see. I mostly got nervous after I saw a post somewhere about fakes and thought perhaps I should have known better.

Lets be honest if thered been more bids and they'd sold for £150 we wouldnt be having this conversation. That would have been beyond the sellers control

I suppose the thing was that there werent other bids and I thought perhaps I'd missed something I shouldnt have

May 7, 2009 at 9:04 AM Post #19 of 36
Yes I'd seen that but the ebay link seemed a lot more obvious than mine. However I hadnt followed the second link where the picture of the packaging looks the same just cropped differently. Now that could be worrying depending on where it originated.

I'll post again when I get them. Of course if theyre that good I may not be able to tell the difference even when I do get them

May 7, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #20 of 36
Just shouting “fake” without factual backup is tantamount to scaremongering. I mean what is the point.

I guess the question is “how fake is fake”.

How can I tell whether my IE8’s are fake? I paid a good price to an Amazon retailer but that in itself is no guarantee. The packaging is very high quality and exactly as described in reviews . The phones themselves look high quality and correspond to descriptions and photos. They sound pretty good bearing in mind that they are still burning in.

Is it likely that a rogue firm will invest in all the tooling required in order to make a copy which is accurate in every detail ? And if it is accurate in every detail then presumably that could translate itself to the sound quality also.

What I would love to see is a review of an undoubted fake with a direct comparison to the genuine article. But until this comparison is made then I can’t see how it is helpful to keep suspecting ‘fake’ because we don’t know what we are talking about.

The whole appeal of auctions lies with the possibility of getting a bargain. So being lucky doesn’t equate to being conned.

Recently on eBay I bought a Sennheiser CX500 complete with pouch for $6.58 incl shipping (Buy Now) from Hong Kong. The seller sent me CX300 by mistake which has no pouch. Rather that ship it back it was easier and cheaper for me to pay him $3.00 and keep them. I am still waiting on the CX500’s to arrive. Basically I just want the pouch, I have no interest in the earphones.

Judging by the price (fixed, no bidding) these must be fakes. The label with Logo says Sennheiser CX300. I have never seen genuine items so I can’t tell by looking. What will be interesting to find out is how well they sound. I shall have a listen shortly.

May 7, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #22 of 36
Quote:

Hopefully all will be well

I am sure you struck lucky and got yourself a deal. Let us know how great they are?

If you have any queries regarding the authenticity of the packaging, build quality and want confirmation that all is ok then post here. I am sure you will get all the help you need. Certainly I will do whatever I can.

May 7, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #24 of 36
YOU FREAKING IDIOT!

just kidding, hopefully they're the real deal. Good luck .

May 8, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #25 of 36
Theyre here
smily_headphones1.gif

I've had a good look over them and cant find anything to complain about. The packaging looks just as it did in the picture. The tips werent in a sealed bag but this may be normal. It was just an open bag?

My initial impression when I plugged them in was wow! I dont have much experience with headphones but much theyre better than my cx400s as you would expect. Similar character but more of everything throughout the spectrum. I just felt closer to the music
I have some little used larger sennheisers. HD580s I think and these share the family sound I think going from memory

Using the Porta Corda I felt there was more bass but less resolution perhaps. The amp certainly isnt necessary. when on the move. I'm wonderring if the extra bass isnt a bit over the top actually. Maybe try again when theyre burnt in.

Tips the medium ones that were on them initially seem as good as any. I'm used to the cx400s so fit is a bit different.

Anyway I think I got a good deal all in all.

Sorry if I went off half cocked.

May 8, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #26 of 36
Looks like you got a great deal, I've just added the seller to my favourite's, Most of head-fi will be looking for the same deal so I don't think I will be as lucky as you.

Congrats.

May 8, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #27 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by omegaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like you got a great deal, I've just added the seller to my favourite's, Most of head-fi will be looking for the same deal so I don't think I will be as lucky as you.

Congrats.

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

May 8, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #28 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by omegaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Congrats.

You mean only UK head-fiers because seller only ships within the UK.

May 8, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #30 of 36
Now I've seen them, I believe you're right. For the record I'm perfectly happy with the service received.

I appreciate your post though. I am a bit of a novice in this market
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back