Okay so tell me I'm an idiot - Ebay :) Arrived Fine. Very Happy
May 6, 2009 at 3:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

markn

New Head-Fier
May 6, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #4 of 36
I'm usually pretty careful and it seemed okay at the time but then it just seemed to good to be true.

Anyway I'll let you know how it turns out. I just wondered if anyone could spot anything I hadnt.

I'm currently running some cx400s from a nokia tablet. So should be quite an upgrade. Never tried IEMs before.

As for a review I don't have much experience to compare but I know what I like

May 6, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #5 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by astroid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like a great deal to me, his Sonys are certainly legit so well done, i have never seen a fake pair of IE7 anyway.

why are you so certain the sonys arent fake?

not that i think they look it just curious as to why the certainty

May 6, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #7 of 36
Well before biddung, I checked the feedback including what the feedback was for and noted the following:

He'd sold some IE8 for around £180 which is about right

Sold some 7 for in the £70s which seemed cheap

Was UK based with UK sales I believe

The feedback was from multiple people over a period of time.

Sold a range of products but not all high end expensive ones

No negative feedback

My original theory and hopefully the right one was that he was starting low hoping to pull in more bids but it wasnt panning out as the IE8 were more in demand.

Anyway I'll let you know how it goes. Of course theres no guarantee I'd recognise a good fake anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

On another subject I've read about the bass roll off of the cowon with low impedance phones. Should I consider an impedance matcher. I have a porta corder but would rather travel light

May 6, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #8 of 36
I'm not too sure what to think of that. That is a very low price but the seller seems legit. Only thing I can see that might raise a red flag is the fact that the seller goes out of his way to describes them as "genuine." If I were selling them, I wouldn't describe them as genuine because I know they are real.

May 6, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #9 of 36
I had the Sonys , if the ones in the photo are the ones you get then they are exactly the same as the ones i had. The fakes have VERY poor packaging that doesnt even attempt to copy the actual packaging.
I think the Sennheiser CX300/400/500 fakes have made everyone paranoid, sure fakes are about , the above ones, audio technica's , Sonys and loads of others but if you are careful , examine feedback and have some common sense you should be fine. Mainly dont buy from China/hong kong and look up 'fake *****' and you should find guides etc.
Anyway i would bet you £50 these are real.

May 6, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #10 of 36
Not sure. I might say that if I knew there were a lot of fakes around and didnt want to be lumped in with them.

Oh well have to wait and see I guess. Unless its a very clever scam other buyers seem to have been happy with theres. If its real, I can see the seller putting a reserve on in future but he's sold at least one other pair at a similar price

May 6, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #11 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by astroid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had the Sonys , if the ones in the photo are the ones you get then they are exactly the same as the ones i had. The fakes have VERY poor packaging that doesnt even attempt to copy the actual packaging.
I think the Sennheiser CX300/400/500 fakes have made everyone paranoid, sure fakes are about , the above ones, audio technica's , Sonys and loads of others but if you are careful , examine feedback and have some common sense you should be fine. Mainly dont buy from China/hong kong and look up 'fake *****' and you should find guides etc.
Anyway i would bet you £50 these are real.

I'm probably just being paranoid. I thought that about the packaging too. As long as what turns up is as pictured then its likely legit or at least an excellent fake.

I've seen other scams and theyre a lot more obvious

May 6, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #13 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well if the senns are fake you know it before you get them in your hand.

the box the come in is the most over engineered thing in existence

LOL
smily_headphones1.gif
So I've read

May 6, 2009 at 9:04 PM Post #14 of 36
the box probably cost them 20dollars to make and the actual holder of the IEM while look pretty decent, it is not practical.

the box is too big but it doesn't hold enough things, they provide you 8sets of tips but giving you 2sets of places, that's sad...
the bottom compartment makes me wonder what can go in too... tips? its too small, extention cable? it doesn't have that...

well... i found its purpose in the end... to create an incline for my burnbook pro.

May 6, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #15 of 36
I think Sennheiser probably over engineered the carrying box to create some misery for the pirates.

Anyway you can't say that this is a fake just because you got really lucky and got it for cheap. It is an auction after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back