Okay, Sleek has delayed the release of the SA6R's, new suggestions?
Dec 26, 2010 at 1:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

metllicamilitia

100+ Head-Fier
Well I loved the Sleek SA6's I had so unintentionally pre-ordered the SA6R's, and since they have delayed their release, soundearphones has said I can cancel my order. I would only do this if I had a set I would buy as soon as my money came back into my account. So my question is, what IEM's in the $200-$250USD price range has about the same sound signature as a treble++ and bass+ modded SA6, or better. I do not have an amp and won't be able to afford one for a while, I listen to a wide range of rock/metal from some Paul Simon to some Cradle of Filth. Any other suggestions for a different set of IEM's? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Dec 26, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #2 of 5
There will be new stuff announced at CES2011 (as they always do). Why not wait a few weeks and see?

Dec 26, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #3 of 5
I'll keep a look out, but at the moment, I'm using ME-Electronic M9's, though in a few days I'll be using Grado SR80i's. And since I pre-ordered the Sleek's as a guest because I couldn't remember my password, and I've lost the email with the order number, I'm not sure if I'll be able to cancel the order, I hope so though. But just in case none of the new stuff suits my fancy, any suggestion for alreadly released IEM's?

Dec 27, 2010 at 2:44 AM Post #4 of 5
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/484569/review-fischer-audio-s-dba-02\

Don't underestimate them because they are cheap; they have a much better bass than the SA6 and overall better resolution and speed too.

Dec 27, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #5 of 5
I'll keep 'em in mind for sure, new products interest me, I remember the Fischer's from before and they seem interesting as well, but would also have to be pre-ordered. So, I've looked up a number of IEM's in my price range and would like some input on whether or not they would fit my needs, just in case any of the new products don't beckon to me. 

Pre-Order
Sleek Audio SA7
Sleek Audio SA6R
Fischer Audio DBA-02

Universal
Jays Q-Jays
Shure SE315
Turbine Pro High Performance
Phonak Audeo PFE-121
Future Sonics Atrio M5
Head-Direct RE-252
Ultimate Ears 700
Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5
Klipsch Image X5
Westone 2

Custom
Livewires Dual Driver

And seeing as how CES2011 is a few weeks away, my tax return could possibly be in by then, and after I get a new guitar, I may have a little more to put towards some earphones, but I'd like to keep it in the $150-$250USD range right now, but will take some suggestions out of that range as well to keep in mind (please be sure to note if it is).

I wish I knew more about picking and choosing earphones, as in what to look for and what not. So if there are any helpful guides on learning more so I don't have to ask so many questions, that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back