Okay I'm happy with $10 headphone
Sep 26, 2003 at 2:33 AM Post #16 of 24
I bought the Beyer DT440 on EBay for $25, after shipping. Dang if it doesn't work great for TV gaming. Even at 600 ohms I have to turn the volume down because of the bass. It truly is gaming bliss, for me. Weird "fit," though.

Sep 26, 2003 at 6:51 AM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by ßillcollector
Time to sell that $10 headphone...
I listened to it few minutes ago and boy does it sound so bad!!!

Oops, now you've gone and done it. Your wallet is doomed.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 26, 2003 at 8:02 AM Post #18 of 24
Damn... you just decided to get into headphones, and Etys were your first purchase!? You've got guts. (Either that, or you've got a big bank account. Or both.)

I've been a headphone guy for about 1 1/2 years, and I still won't commit to anything above $200 or so.

Sep 26, 2003 at 9:26 AM Post #19 of 24
I have a theory. It's very scientific, so pay close attention. Basically, my theory states that cheap audio sounds fine until the listener is exposed to better equipment. My own example is in line with this theory. $10 Panasonic headphones sounded so great to me I had to show them to friends. After my Grado SR-60s arrived, those $10 headphones wound up in my garbage can. And then you never look back.

Sep 27, 2003 at 12:18 AM Post #23 of 24
Whoa, from $10 POS headphones to 4P's. Well at least you didn't waste anytime trying to figure out what would sound better. Congrats on the purchase! I've auditioned them before and fell in love with them. Trying to get some soon also.

Jan 23, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #24 of 24
Ironic that the OP purchased them at garage sale. I did the same thing a number of years ago before the audiophile bug bit with the HD 201. As a young, curious teenager, I really liked the sound of the HD 201 and it naturally led to my first big step into audiophilia, the Sennheiser HD 555. From there, it has become a never-ending story of a cycle of demoing and owning headphones in the search for that last 0.01% of audio enjoyment. As for today, my MDR-CD30 is still laying on the shelf of a closed closet, collecting dust next to a pair of retro baseball cards and other assorted memorabilia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back