Okay I have my goal
Jun 25, 2008 at 3:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Libertad

1000+ Head-Fier
To stop me from spending disgusting sums of money (not that i haven't already) by slowly crawwling my way up in sound and buying all those headphones along my way im just going to go straght for the top and never look back. Im ganna save for Denons D5000 as from what i read it will be like its having sex with my mind as it exactly the sound signature i want. And for IEMs im just ganna give a dive into the RP-HJE900s seeing as no one has one yes and i love the death the RP-HJE300s (plus i could say my iems are made of zirconium which is amazing)

Sadly this will only bring about me spending on something more expensive (sigh) Amps! But ill shoot for the top there to im thinking a Meier 2MOVE and that awesome amp they have (I dont know what its called but its like over $1,000) for my Denons

If i go this way i could save myself at least some bucks id say

Jun 25, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #2 of 11
I don't get the whole portable amp craze going around recently. Unless you plan to do most of your critical listening on the go, I suggest sacking the portable amp and looking into a good desktop amp instead.

My portable amp hasn't seen any use whatsoever since I received my VHP-1, and it's going on the block very soon. As much as I love what this little guy does for my ER-4P, carrying it around is a serious pain in the rear.

Jun 25, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't get the whole portable amp craze going around recently. Unless you plan to do most of your critical listening on the go, I suggest sacking the portable amp and looking into a good desktop amp instead.

My portable amp hasn't seen any use whatsoever since I received my VHP-1, and it's going on the block very soon. As much as I love what this little guy does for my ER-4P, carrying it around is a serious pain in the rear.

the portable is for my iems as i move alot and the desktop amp is for my denons

Jun 25, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #4 of 11
oh just as a question how much to balance the d5000? I did a rough guess at worst case scinerio of under $3000 for my whole set up portable and desktop set up with the headphones and a recable is this right?

Jun 25, 2008 at 4:22 AM Post #5 of 11
Oh, you're buying both a portable amp and a desktop amp. I missed that. My apologies.

Jun 25, 2008 at 4:27 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, you're buying both a portable amp and a desktop amp. I missed that. My apologies.

Thats okay i over look alot of stuff to but do you think this will save me money instead of muying my way up?

Jun 25, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #7 of 11
Yes, aim for the top. You will save a lot of $$$.

I played around with a few "lower end headphones" just to get a rough feel of what I like, now that i know what I want, I'm saving up for teh bomb too.

If you're sure of what you want, I'd say go for it and don't look back.
wink.gif

Jun 25, 2008 at 4:36 AM Post #8 of 11
thanks at least im not alone in trying this

Jun 25, 2008 at 8:00 AM Post #9 of 11
Will the CORDA OPERA go well with my D5000?

Jun 25, 2008 at 8:20 AM Post #10 of 11
Kind of in the same boat. I am think of getting the 2MOVE to replace my XM3 because of its excellent value. Good thing I am pretty happy with my current desktop and don't think I'll want to replace it... yet
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back