Ok, Zune or Zen M
Apr 27, 2007 at 1:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

wisehybred

New Head-Fier
Ok, so the Zune seems to be a great player, but I don't here much about the Creative Zen M anymore. I can get the Zen for around 130.00, and the Zune at cost, which I will not say how much, so what is the better deal. I can tell you that the Zune IS more costly. Ive played with them both I cant say how much I like the feel and looks of the Zen. A lot of people would tend to disagree with me but hey, I like it. As far as the audio goes, I don't know which is better....So this is where you guys come into play.

Apr 27, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #2 of 39
Zen M for $130 is amazing, I paid $200 for mine last month and love it.

Apr 27, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #3 of 39
try both at your local bestbuy. thats what i did, and i now plan on getting the ZVM

Apr 27, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #4 of 39
I would buy the ZVM at that price, and then buy the 2nd generation Zune early next year
icon10.gif

Apr 27, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #5 of 39
I tried both the Zune and ZV:M at my home for a week and even though I really like the Zune (and think the headphone out is better) the ZV:M just have a better overall package. One of the best features is no stupid software... yeah Creative's software isn't the greatest, but you don't have to use it. drag and drop. Just install the basic drivers and you can create playlists and convert video too.

Also, the biggest win for the ZV:M over the Zune is line out.

btw... both my wife and I chose the ZV:M over the Zune after a week of using both. we now each have one.

Apr 27, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #6 of 39
i have both and am currently using the Zune. personally, i don't find the software that hard to use.

however, i don't think the zune justifies another 100 dollars. get the zvm for that price. you won't regret it. unless creative announces a new player tomorrow. then you will.

Apr 27, 2007 at 2:43 AM Post #7 of 39
i too dont think the zune software is hard to use, not at all.

all i do is drag and drop, then start sync. that's all.

but if you listen to anything other than english, zune doesn't support other languages, which is one thing that annoys the heck out of me. all you see is bunch of squares.

Apr 27, 2007 at 2:54 AM Post #8 of 39
Really don't know about the ZV:M but I bought a Zune just the other day and the gui is nice but everything else just seems outdated...the screen is crap the sound quality is poor...hollow sounding...nothing really special about the Zune. In comparison to my Cowon D2 the Zune is like a crippled dinosaur and it has software that possesses your PC.

Apr 27, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #9 of 39
@cowon_1: i rather like the sound of the Zune. much more than the D2. the D2 had a decent sound while flat and a very good EQ, but the effects made the sound very processed to my ears.

it is a rather crippled device though. no lossless support, though the software is bearable.

Apr 27, 2007 at 12:47 PM Post #10 of 39
Other considerations aside, and assuming one uses a Hornet (or equiv.) and either HD650s or E500s, which is more (accurate, neutural, sounds better, whatever): the Zen line-out or the Zune headphone-out?

Apr 27, 2007 at 1:55 PM Post #11 of 39
. Quote:

i too dont think the zune software is hard to use, not at all.

all i do is drag and drop, then start sync. that's all.

but if you listen to anything other than english, zune doesn't support other languages, which is one thing that annoys the heck out of me. all you see is bunch of squares.

Zune supports Spanish...as I can see tags with these letters Ñ, ü, é, ó, ú, ¡, ¿.

I have spanish and italian songs tagged on these languages on my Zune...And the letters are shown fine.

You should have said No Unicode

Apr 27, 2007 at 1:56 PM Post #12 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Other considerations aside, and assuming one uses a Hornet (or equiv.) and either HD650s or E500s, which is more (accurate, neutural, sounds better, whatever): the Zen line-out or the Zune headphone-out?

I actually amped the Zen through the line-out, and it sounds great! This is a very hard question...they both sound really good. I would have to say the Zen sounds better because of its lossless support.

To the poster of this thread. I have both of the devices. Someone told you to get the zen at that price and wait for the 2nd gen zune. Do this! That price is amazing! There is not enough difference in the two, to pay $100 more for the zune. Actually features wise, I like the zen better
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 27, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #13 of 39
I've both!
If you like a simple, clean and effective interface, go for Zune.
If you are more on the geek side, you wolud prefer the more configurable ZVM.
Soundwize, i prefer ZVM to Zune (EQ off on both the players).

Apr 27, 2007 at 3:07 PM Post #14 of 39
Soundwise, I prefer Zune over ZVM.
Featurewise, ZVM has more features. However, I don't really use them much.
Zune is more sturdy than ZVM.
Although video requires transcode on Zune, the screen on Zune is bigger and less colorful.
No line-out for Zune, yes for ZVM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back