OK, we've had Knife-Fi... What about Torch-Fi?
Mar 7, 2005 at 3:55 AM Post #16 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrJoshua
I just got an Inova X1 LED Torch!

Although it's probably got a limited use (due to it's tightly focused beam), it's uber portable, very high quality and has a very bright white light. It comes with a decent belt holster, so I now carry it everywhere with me!

Just wondered whether anyone else likes torches?

confused.gif

I found the Inova X1 to be very harsh and fatiguing. My maglite doesn't have the Inova's attention to detail but i've found it to be much more colorful and enthusiastic, making it in general a much better display of the "light" experience.

Mar 7, 2005 at 5:02 AM Post #18 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by damitamit
I have a High Intensity Discharge (H.I.D) lamp for night moutain biking. Its a metal halide lamp, which draws the same current as a 12W halogen but outputs the equivalent light of around a 45W halogen
biggrin.gif
So i get 5 hours runtime with this small li-ion battery!

I need to get myself a nice set of lights for my bikes. I think I would be too scared to do any real mountain biking at night though.

Mar 7, 2005 at 5:16 AM Post #21 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu
I have had the Inova X5 for a long time: http://www.inovalight.com/site.html?X5-ov . The funny thing is that the two 3V Lithium batteris are rated up to 20 hours, but I still can get a solid beam of light after 3 years of ownership with no replacement of batteries. Good, huh?
eek.gif

Second! The Inova X5s are known to be great at sucking batteries dry, but I had no idea that after one whole semester of use, I'd still be on my first set
eek.gif

Mar 7, 2005 at 7:28 AM Post #22 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by yorkie
I found the Inova X1 to be very harsh and fatiguing. My maglite doesn't have the Inova's attention to detail but i've found it to be much more colorful and enthusiastic, making it in general a much better display of the "light" experience.

Lol. Have you tried a tubed power supply with the maglite? It makes it ever so lush.

Mar 7, 2005 at 8:21 AM Post #24 of 43
I have so many Maglites that I can't remember how many there are.
tongue.gif
Mostly they are 3 cell, but I think there is a 5 cell one somewhere around here.

I also have a AA mini mag that has an LED "tuner" on the butt end. I had this LED thing imported from Germany. It's cool, but I didn't use it for very long.

My main torch is a CMG Infinity light. It's got a blue/green LED and runs on one AA battery. I use it a lot.

I also have a few Photon Micro lights. A green one is clipped to the shelf above my Arcam so I can find the players buttons at night.
icon10.gif

Mar 7, 2005 at 5:06 PM Post #27 of 43
Mar 7, 2005 at 8:51 PM Post #30 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
Check this badboy out from SureFire
eek.gif
:

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/...4204/sesent/00

Whoa!! $2900! Whats the point?!
rolleyes.gif

It only last 1 1/2 hours and takes [size=x-small]20[/size] 123A non-rechargable lithium batteries. I can't think of any practical use for the torch if it lasts that long and needs 20 batteries each time.

or is it one of those "its made just to show we could make it" things. But then again, they say the military use it, so someone must be buying it for practical applications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back