OK, we've had Knife-Fi... What about Torch-Fi?
Mar 6, 2005 at 10:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

MrJoshua

500+ Head-Fier
I just got an Inova X1 LED Torch!

Although it's probably got a limited use (due to it's tightly focused beam), it's uber portable, very high quality and has a very bright white light. It comes with a decent belt holster, so I now carry it everywhere with me!

Just wondered whether anyone else likes torches?

confused.gif

Mar 6, 2005 at 10:49 PM Post #2 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrJoshua

Although it's probably got a limited use (due to it's tightly focused beam), it's uber portable, very high quality and has a very bright white light. It comes with a decent belt holster, so I now carry it everywhere with me!

confused.gif

I have a LED head-lamp (great for hiking) and a Halogene bicicle lamp. They are cool, but nothing to get emotional about. The LED is great because it lights up everything near you, and the halogene one has a tight beam.

Mar 6, 2005 at 10:50 PM Post #3 of 43
I've been thinking about getting a nice LED light, because they are handy for doing computer work, etc. Cash is reeaally tight right now though
frown.gif

I'm just a gadget lover in general. Computers, laptops, PDAs, lights, multitools, watches, etc

Mar 6, 2005 at 11:03 PM Post #5 of 43
Quote:

I don't collect torches, just like I don't collect any more knives or Head-Fi gear than I need, but I do have an Inova X5T that I wish I had bought one more of for my family back home.

EDIT: By the way, I actually started a thread on this a while back on flashlights when I uncovered an awesome community dedicated to this very passion, you can find it here.

Mar 6, 2005 at 11:21 PM Post #7 of 43
I have never really though much about flashlights, but I have a few Maglites. A 4D, a 3C, a couple 2AAs and a AAA. I think the 4D makes a better weapon than flashlight.

Mar 6, 2005 at 11:29 PM Post #8 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
I must admit I'm a Maglite man (the only piece of US gear I own) superb torch :)

Im with you, i have several large ones (a 3xD and a 4xC as well as tons of rechargeable ones an the AA ones) I keep one with me at all times. they always make me feel safer when im walking around, there great clubs :p

Quote:

I have an oxy/acetylene cutting torch and a couple small propane & butane torches...

yeah i have one of those aswell, dont like to use it though... scares the crap out of me
eek.gif

Mar 6, 2005 at 11:47 PM Post #9 of 43
I have a bunch of zippo's that I've collected over the years.
Could be used as a torch and a light. In fact many people used them to get out of the subways during a blackout.
Got out of flashlights, just too weird for me. but to each their own.
If anyone is interested in a ARC LS second trade for an amp, pm me.

Mar 7, 2005 at 12:38 AM Post #13 of 43
I have a High Intensity Discharge (H.I.D) lamp for night moutain biking. Its a metal halide lamp, which draws the same current as a 12W halogen but outputs the equivalent light of around a 45W halogen
biggrin.gif
So i get 5 hours runtime with this small li-ion battery!

mark4-3.jpg

Mar 7, 2005 at 12:40 AM Post #14 of 43
Quote:

I have not yet seen communities on the Internet for pen-collectors (the ones with brand-names/advertising on them), but I know there are small communities out there.

Uuum, yeah, I believe the thread is about flashlights, yeah flashlights
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, Surefire makes some cool flashlights

Mar 7, 2005 at 2:03 AM Post #15 of 43
Quote:

Another user of INOVA X1 (Titanium Anodized & Spotlight White) here. I also like its compact size and cool look.

I plan to buy a good water resistant light for water sports (schnorkeling). Any recommendation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back