OK, Uberamp schematics
Jan 12, 2003 at 3:09 AM Post #46 of 53
I would think with say 2 car radiators, and a BIG pump maybe http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...em=3105768605. I'd think a car would be making at least 800 watts of heat (less than a typical hairdrier makes.) You'd probably want to find someone with a CNC router to make a waterblock for you out of aluminum to place on all those transitors, as well as a load of tubes of heat sink grease
biggrin.gif

Jan 12, 2003 at 3:49 AM Post #47 of 53
HOLY CRAP!!!

Those are ****ing HUGE - no offense, Kevin, but yours is a Gilmore design, so insanity is par for the course, but this is a commercial amp!

I get the feeling Krell is trying to compete with AudioNote's Gaku-On. Battle of the Amps, Live at 11.

(then the Uberamp comes in and decimates both of them with one swing of its output transistors)

Jan 12, 2003 at 3:55 AM Post #49 of 53
LOL, actually, the Uberamp is a speaker amp. Kevin just likes to show off/brag about his new designs here on Head-Fi because some of us might be interested in draining our wallets -err, building them.

Jan 12, 2003 at 4:17 AM Post #50 of 53
Quote:

Originally posted by damonpip
Anyone have a link to a post or site that can explain to me WHY 800 watts would help a pair of headphones sound better? I really don't get some of this stuff
confused.gif

To make Audio Technicas loud enough that even Lou could hear them.

Jan 13, 2003 at 2:23 AM Post #53 of 53
I've decided not to post pictures of prototypes that i don't
consider production ready. I'm not proud of the ratsnest of
wires on the inside.

I'm working on a complete board set for the blue hawaii and
also 3 different power level versions of the power amp.

I'm also trying to find a NC machine house to do the custom
heatsink assemblys.

If i'm lucky i will get both done in 2003.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back