Ok, So I am Ready to Buy AD700s?
Mar 21, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #46 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While I have not heard the HD650, I did prefer the AD700's to the HD580's, K701's, MS1's and DT880's.

They all have their strengths and weaknesses. I just prefer the AD700.

The DT880's however, did come very close. And I can see why some people could prefer the HD580's to the AD700's.

I've given up on dynamics in the <$300 pricerange. The next set I will buy will be Lambda's
evil_smiley.gif

The HD 650s are one of the top tier full size cans.

Mar 21, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #47 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by hurryup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The only thing that matters is how the phones sound to you, not how they sound to anyone else, or how good they're supposed to be.

Mar 21, 2009 at 2:22 AM Post #48 of 63
Quote:

Wait. What?!

Are you saying that the HD650 is one of the best full size cans?

What about the Sennheiser HD800? The Grado RS1/GS1000/PS1000? Any Stax? The Jade Electrostatic? The Sennheiser Orpheus? The AKG K1000? And many more?

Mar 21, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #49 of 63
Quote:

I'm very stingy, so when I actually spend large amounts of money, I make sure that I get the best for what I'm paying for.

I thought you corrected someone that called you stingy by saying that all the sellers were stingy?
popcorn.gif

Mar 21, 2009 at 2:41 AM Post #50 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonWho /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait. What?!

Are you saying that the HD650 is one of the best full size cans?

What about the Sennheiser HD800? The Grado RS1/GS1000/PS1000? Any Stax? The Jade Electrostatic? The Sennheiser Orpheus? The AKG K1000? And many more?

Dude. The Senn HD800 hasn't even come out yet. And the Orpheus was a limited edition not mass available rare headphone. Grado RS1 is on the same level as the HD650.

Mar 21, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #51 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by thatwunguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you seem to be the first person in this thread to recognize his tendencies. For a good laugh, read posts by hurryup.

Yup, I'm sure we're not far from another identical thread. :O)

Mar 21, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #52 of 63
Quote:

Dude. The Senn HD800 hasn't even come out yet. And the Orpheus was a limited edition not mass available rare headphone. Grado RS1 is on the same level as the HD650.

HD800 has already been reviewed by Jude.

You didn't say anything about exclusions.

Mar 21, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #54 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonWho /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HD800 has already been reviewed by Jude.

You didn't say anything about exclusions.

Who knows what Jude meant? Not a lot of people have actually heard the HD800s. You can't deny that the HD650 is one of the best cans.

Mar 21, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #55 of 63
Quote:

You can't deny that the HD650 is one of the best cans.

From your posts, you haven't heard them. Why spend so much time glorifying headphones you've never listened to and don't plan to buy?

Mar 21, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #56 of 63
i dont think you should worry about headphones but instead should find a job and live in the real world for awhile. I mean no personal offense but as good, although selfish, your intentions may be your social etiquette is sorely lacking.

Then just think, you can buy your own stuff with your own hard earned cash and your purchases will be that much more satisfying than, say for example, mooching off your parents/guardians for free money.

Mar 21, 2009 at 4:40 AM Post #57 of 63
Quote:

I'm very stingy, so when I actually spend large amounts of money, I make sure that I get the best for what I'm paying for.

Oh wow, did you pick the WRONG hobby
tongue.gif

X2 on the SK's. They seem perfect for our man!

Mar 21, 2009 at 5:10 AM Post #58 of 63
Quote:

Who knows what Jude meant? Not a lot of people have actually heard the HD800s. You can't deny that the HD650 is one of the best cans.

You don't seem to understand the concept of opinions.

There is no such thing as the 'best' headphones. I'm sure the HD650's do sound pretty good to some people, but others may prefer other, possibly cheaper and less hyped-up, headphones.

Anyway, you haven't heard them and judging by your buying habits, probably never will. So what do you know about them being the best cans? They could be absolute crap for all you know...

Mar 21, 2009 at 6:41 AM Post #59 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by deeplove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know what...I will!

biggrin.gif

atsmile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglehoser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, I found some cans you'll like. They fall just this side of $100.

963930edd46b50d33b36949fb89d73b0.image.320x320.jpg

your joking O_O...?

Mar 21, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #60 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamora /img/forum/go_quote.gif
atsmile.gif

your joking O_O...?

No, absolutely not. Why pay $70 for a pair of measly AD700s when you could go full gold-plated rasta for $10 more? With the AD700s, you'll just attract headphone nerds with questionable priorities. But if you rock those SKs, a whole cadre of skater chicks will appear within moments, practically falling over each other for a moment of your attention.

Smelly audio geeks and comely young lasses? Given the choice, I know which I'd take.
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back