ok, is the phillips HDD100 avialible? if not now, when??
Jul 19, 2003 at 10:38 AM Post #31 of 58
Quote:

Originally posted by fappar
though it has a bit of a high price

$360 with free S&H

Jul 19, 2003 at 11:41 AM Post #32 of 58
Quote:

Originally posted by archosman
It isn't surprising that these guys are in a following mode. None of them have a commanding figure like Steve Jobs.

With all due respect, archosman, if you know a little about the early history of home computers you know that Steve Jobs is not a "commanding figure," but one of the biggest punks in history. It's not an overstatement to call him "Bill Gates' eternal bitch."

Jul 19, 2003 at 3:20 PM Post #33 of 58
Quote:

Originally posted by dcfly
With all due respect, archosman, if you know a little about the early history of home computers you know that Steve Jobs is not a "commanding figure," but one of the biggest punks in history. It's not an overstatement to call him "Bill Gates' eternal bitch."

This is a very funny statement. Like commanding figure and punk, etc. are exclusive. As for defining Steve Jobs as anything Bill Gates, that I have a problem with. A little Gatescentric, no? It's both a Jobs understatement and a Gates overstatement.

So Larry Ellison is a what to who?

That said what this has to do the quality of an iPod or a Philips is beyond me.

Jul 19, 2003 at 4:31 PM Post #34 of 58
Quote:

Originally posted by White Knight
$360 with free S&H

whoa, where??? ive only seen it at the goodguys website, where it is $400 with free shippipng.... did they lower the price?

Jul 19, 2003 at 8:17 PM Post #35 of 58
Quote:

Originally posted by fappar
whoa, where??? ive only seen it at the goodguys website, where it is $400 with free shippipng.... did they lower the price?

Goodguys, they got 10% on orders above $199 and free ground shipping. So your total on HDD100 is $360.

Jul 19, 2003 at 8:50 PM Post #36 of 58
Hey I'm new to this forum, but I did buy the Phillips HDD-100 at the goodguys for $350.00 on Thursday and the 15 gig ipod as well. Let me take some pictures and I'll write a mini review and answer as many questions as I can.

Jul 19, 2003 at 9:02 PM Post #37 of 58
11743111-1119_IMG-med.JPG

11743111-1122_IMG-med.JPG

11743111-1133_IMG_2.JPG

Jul 19, 2003 at 11:01 PM Post #39 of 58
Quote:

Originally posted by blessingx
That said what this has to do the quality of an iPod or a Philips is beyond me.

Sorry about that, but anytime someone mentions Steve Jobs in any kind of positive light I tend to fly off the handle a little bit because he's such a weasel.

Jul 20, 2003 at 1:55 AM Post #42 of 58
Hrmm... I can describe the UI of the HDD100.

All the buttons are digital. There are 5 buttons on the front. The power button to the right side just below the LCD, and 4 buttons in a diamond-shaped manner.

The top and bottom buttons are used for previous song and next song respectively. They are also touch sensitive. This works very well when you are scrolling through your library, and when you're scrolling through the menu, you can master a light then heavy tap without taking your finger off that allows you to scroll two at a time. It doesn't take much of a learning curve and is very useful
smily_headphones1.gif
I can't imaging using anything else.

When scrolling through artists, albums, playlists, etc, using the lighter pressing of the top or bottom buttons scrolls through like you'd expect (pretty fast). There is 0 acceleration, though. I actually like it this way. When you hold the button down all the way, it goes faster, and the letter that you are scrolling through pops up. Very helpful indeed.

The left and right buttons are not touch sensitive. They are from switching through menus, going into submenu's, and changing modes. It's a simple forward, backward button. When you are playing a song, you can change from the default Song Title+Time Elapsed Screen to the Song Title+Spectrum Analyzer Screen. VERY fun to look at, though it moves slow enough to not be entirely useful -_-

Hope this helps you all some
600smile.gif

Jul 20, 2003 at 3:14 AM Post #43 of 58
Other than the recording feature, this thing isn't too different from an Ipod. Since I have a minidisc recorder, I think I will be sticking with my Ipod
redface.gif
!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back