Ok, I did it. Bought Westone 3!
Aug 10, 2009 at 4:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

Opentoe

100+ Head-Fier
I would have not probably heard of these headphones if it wasn't for this forum and would have NEVER thought in my life I would spend $365 on headphones. But from reading just about every single article, review, advertisement, etc...all were positive in everyway for these headphones. "Sound perfection" was one of the comments. And of course, everything I read on this forum has said they are just simply the best around, period.

I bought them on Friday from RoadDog $369 total and hopefully will be here soon. I'm waiting eagerly to hear "perfection".

Just one minus for me. Cables aren't replaceable. I am very good with anything I handle, but would have liked to see easy cable replacement in a price range like this.

I think I just want people to tell me I will be happy and won't regret it!
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry, another question. Do I need to break-in these units for a certain amount of time before really making comments on them?

Aug 10, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #3 of 54
congratulations! i doubt you really need to break em in that long though. they should sound perfectly fine out of box

Aug 11, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #9 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by talisman42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what audio player to you have, and what IEMs have you used in the past? (oh congrats!)

I have a Sony X series Walkman and an ipod touch which I've been using more for the podcasts. I've only tried the UE 700's, the Koss CC_01, and the Apple basics. The UE 700's are amazing for the size of them, but when I have a good quality set to compare them to I may not like the UE 700's at all. If you've ever seen the UE 700's they are tiny. Not a bass head at all, but I'm not sure anything could get a good low range out of something that small. I've been told I'll put on the W3's and never want to try anything else. Although if I do feel unhappy with the W3's for some reason there is always the SE530 or the IE8's.

Aug 11, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #10 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Opentoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a Sony X series Walkman and an ipod touch which I've been using more for the podcasts. I've only tried the UE 700's, the Koss CC_01, and the Apple basics. The UE 700's are amazing for the size of them, but when I have a good quality set to compare them to I may not like the UE 700's at all. If you've ever seen the UE 700's they are tiny. Not a bass head at all, but I'm not sure anything could get a good low range out of something that small. I've been told I'll put on the W3's and never want to try anything else. Although if I do feel unhappy with the W3's for some reason there is always the SE530 or the IE8's.

What is it that you don't like about them?

Aug 11, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #11 of 54
Congrats! I hope you enjoy them as much as I have. I picked my W3's up when they were released, and my ears have pretty much lived happily ever after in the iem world. Be sure to try all the tips and don't hesitate to mod some tips. The sound really does change quite a bit with different tips. Personally, I like the triflanges with the stalk trimmed down a bit the best.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 11, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #12 of 54
I put the westone 3's and shure se530's head to head, and the westones BLOW AWAY the shure's. I think you made the right purchase my friend. You're going to love them, I can tell!
wink_face.gif

Aug 11, 2009 at 7:47 AM Post #13 of 54
Sorry you didn't like the UE 700's. I love mine. First IEM I've had that I've been totally satisfied with. Sounds like you might be the type that makes buying different IEM's your real hobby. We'll see. I do hope you like your Westone 3's though. If I wasn't so satisfied with what I have I might give them a try. There's always better but I've drawn my line in the sand already.
smile.gif

Aug 15, 2009 at 7:39 AM Post #14 of 54
Quote:

I would have not probably heard of these headphones if it wasn't for this forum and would have NEVER thought in my life I would spend $365 on headphones. But from reading just about every single article, review, advertisement, etc...all were positive in everyway for these headphones. "Sound perfection" was one of the comments. And of course, everything I read on this forum has said they are just simply the best around, period.

I bought them on Friday from RoadDog $369 total and hopefully will be here soon. I'm waiting eagerly to hear "perfection".

Just one minus for me. Cables aren't replaceable. I am very good with anything I handle, but would have liked to see easy cable replacement in a price range like this.

I think I just want people to tell me I will be happy and won't regret it!
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry, another question. Do I need to break-in these units for a certain amount of time before really making comments on them?

Very frustrating. Been one week and still waiting for them. I've contacted the online place (RoadDogonline.com) and they said they were out of stock. Yikes, should have been indicated on the web page but it let me order anyway and charged my good old credit card. I was told they will be arriving next week. I certainly hope so!!

Aug 15, 2009 at 9:30 AM Post #15 of 54
Quote:

Very frustrating. Been one week and still waiting for them. I've contacted the online place (RoadDogonline.com) and they said they were out of stock. Yikes, should have been indicated on the web page but it let me order anyway and charged my good old credit card. I was told they will be arriving next week. I certainly hope so!!

Sorry to hear that, mate! A couple of days ago I've ordered a UM3X from another authorized seller in the US who also sells the 3 for a better price than your seller (and has them in stock). Did you look and compare at ebay?

Anyway, I know how you feel. Waiting for your eagerly anticipated IEM's is very tough. Mine were cleared from customs yesterday evening (I live in Europe) and should be here Monday or Tuesday.

I hope you'll get your 3's as soon as possible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back