OK - help me with some new music and how you would classify them with a GENRE
Jan 10, 2011 at 6:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Sproles

Head-Fier
OK, have recently discovered some new music TO ME.  I am sure you all have seen/heard them all before, but I have really gotten into them and not sure where they really fit in the genre world.

I am anal about my Library and like to keep things neat, organized and use the organization to drive smart play lists.

HERE YOU GO:

Stereolab
  At first I think LOUNGE because of that swing and retro sound, but they really aren't the same kind of feel as the 60's lounge players
  They are not JAZZ either

Solamingus
  Probably more JAZZ than Stereolab, but still not really the kind of things I have in my current JAZZ rotation

Daft Punk
  Obviously a ton of ELECTRONICA feel and influence, but are they more than that?

Askold Buk
  I have read where some people would put them in HOUSE, but, what the heck does that mean?  I don't know what HOUSE typically refers to.  If this is the average HOUSE music, I love it and want some more.

Now, obviously within iTunes I can create my own genres with no problem, but I would love your input on these huge life impacting challenges I have this morning!  :)

Sproles

Jan 10, 2011 at 8:33 AM Post #3 of 4
Stereolab, Like a lot of other bands i'd class them as an indie band trying to break into other genre's.
Solamingus, not a group i'm familiar with, I like it but i don't know how i'd class it.
Daft Punk, Electronica, not many other words for it, maybe crossing into disco territory at times.
Askold Buk, No, it's not house, i'd say jazz more than most others. (for house look a name like justice up in youtube)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back