PolarBear_penguins.jpg

Being in a very interesting mood I go with Penguins
Smiley_lol.gif
.... but with Mario Lemieux.

L3000.gif
beerchug.gif
popcorn.gif

P.S.
Forgive me brothers, but I like fun as for instance here.

Aug 26, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #18 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Radio_head /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First there was DSOTM against ok computer, which pitted my two of my top five albums against each other. Now ok computer has to take on Grace, which is number five on my personal favorites of all time. Its not so much apples and oranges, as Thom Yorke has admitted to trying to copy Jeff Buckley's vocal style on such hits as "Fake Plastic Trees." The similarities are definitely there. And although a strong case could be made for Grace, my vote (again) is cast for Radiohead, mainly for one reason: Its completely original. Grace has three covers, which while memorable, in my mind they detract slightly from the creativity of the album. But these are both 10s.

I really liked this post.....

I think I Would add that while on the Surface OK Computer is more "groundbreaking".....Grace is a more emotional album, and more relatable...not everyone would feel this way obviously, but the lyrical themes and the vocal presentation are definitely more visceral.....I think Radiohead is more analytical.

Aug 27, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #19 of 41
If there was a thread "which headphones for OK Computer - Radiohead
and Grace - Jeff Buckley"
then it would look like this.
AKG K701-OK Computer - Radiohead
Grado GS1000-Grace - Jeff Buckley
smile.gif

but seriously they are both amazing albums.
and they are both on the same level.
but i think buckley's album is "better" because it was a debut album,and in my opinion the best debut album EVER.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really liked this post.....

I think I Would add that while on the Surface OK Computer is more "groundbreaking".....Grace is a more emotional album, and more relatable...not everyone would feel this way obviously, but the lyrical themes and the vocal presentation are definitely more visceral.....I think Radiohead is more analytical.

Aug 27, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #23 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, so very sad....and the album he was working on was going to be a great followup.

You should check out Sketches for My Sweetheart the Drunk...

Aug 27, 2009 at 6:48 AM Post #25 of 41
Although, I love both albums and both artists, and I really do. I go with Ok Computer. Simply because when this album was concieved I think they really hit hard and true on the current emotions of some and the emotions of some of those that would hear it to follow. Consumerism, social disconnection, political stagnation, and modern malaise, those feelings of being absolutley misplaced in time, you feel like your alone in a world filled with people who are headed on a path for their own destruction, (And at first you know it is wrong, you know this isn't it, but you don't understand why, and you believe your not in your own boat, but your own ocean, alone and expanding forever, empty and nothing, left forself. Then you began to understand why, why you feel this way, what is causing this, how we got here, and why and how did we let ourselves get here, but still you feel that you are alone in your emotions, your search, your feelings of despair and whatever word lies beyond the level of confusion. Then this comes out, and it truly touches you, not even possibly in an emotional sense although for many it does, but instead in a sense of hope, ... in a beautifully structured sense that conveys exactly what you have been feeling all this time, and you find out you wern't the only one. - But the main point is that you felt that although you were lost or not lost, eventually your feelings of misplacement were met with matched emotions of such.)
What I'm saying is you (those who this happened to), and what I think they were trying to convey is that look what we've become, look where were headed with how we live on this planet. How we walk through life. And from that they extracted the emotions of feelings of that walk, the alienation, the malaise, the misunderstood thought that by moving ahead we are moving forward in such a direction, when in fact we are not moving anywhere, we are motionless and stagnate in not one world but a vast array of dully colored disconnected worlds, (push them together and it becomes a true color, that's what we've forgotten, what we've misunderstood, mo). Falsely interpreted protective bubbles, integrated with technology that only drives away what we should aim for, ... a fast-paced lethargy that ultimately results in a still state which we extract no feelings of authenticity or to be put so much more clear, so much more better, nothing is real. And even if it is to any degree, it doesn't feel real, it doesn't feel natural, doesn't feel like this is it~

If your still reading, an example-- I would say, take "Exit Music (For a Film)", a less often discussed track.
This is me personally: (You can choose to believe me or not.) The first time I heard this song, ever, I heard the first 22,23 seconds and I was into it of course, but then that next second when he came out with "..Wake.." I don't know how, I don't really still know why, but the moment I heard that I immediately felt to the best of my ability I can describe without bragging complete and total connection. I KNEW exactly what he/they were trying to say, immediately. No analyzation, no thinking, I knew what they were trying to let me feel, and I felt it, and I was captured into a trance of emotion and vision of that feeling for the rest of the song.

It's that reason I say it's Ok Computer~

haha, much longer than I thought, hope not alot of spelling errors!

Aug 27, 2009 at 6:59 AM Post #27 of 41
Agreed. I "got" radiohead when I was listening to this album flying from Denver to San Jose. Isolated with my Sensaphonic in, floating above the clouds, it hit me what a weird and wondrous time we live in, and how that wonder and weirdness has morphed into inanity and become prosaic. Radiohead seems to capture this as well as anyone.

In other words, Grace is great because it is very human. OK Computer is great because it's very human, and very modern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back