Ohio
Jan 24, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #31 of 45
Ok I will put a date out then 9 Feb 2013 my house after 10am till you want to leave byob and money food there are lots places to order from and go to here in Westerville

Jan 24, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #32 of 45
I would like to get together in the future coming from Canton. Even if on Columbus. I can't make feb. though maybe during a little warmer travel weather. I have 6 mid level headphones a tube amp with nice tubes and a portable amp as well. I would love to hear hifiman and ultrasone 900 as well as others.

Jan 24, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #33 of 45
I would like to get together in the future coming from Canton. Even if on Columbus. I can't make feb. though maybe during a little warmer travel weather. I have 6 mid level headphones a tube amp with nice tubes and a portable amp as well. I would love to hear hifiman and ultrasone 900 as well as others.

Jan 25, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #36 of 45
I'd probably qualify as the consummate Genus: Noob, Species: Guy, living in the Columbus (Gahanna) area & I'm old enough to have a couple of teenage Noob-fry. I would welcome the opportunity to meet, greet, learn, etc. & would be glad to help with set-up/tear-down, etc. as I haven't much to contribute by way of in-depth tech knowledge, expertise or kit.

My kids have less knowledge/expertise to bring to the table than I, & I'm renewing my earlier unfulfilled relationship with audio in part to see if they can be drawn into the gravitational pull of fine fidelity. Because too much music today sucks too much. (They're essentially inconsequential to this thread at the moment as I doubt they'd be quivering with anticipation whilst queuing up to the afore referenced conceptual table).

I've subscribed; look forward to future replies & input.

Jan 29, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #39 of 45
In Dayton, can swing Columbus, but not on Feb. 9 - that is my fiancee's birthday.

Have the Hifiman HE-400 and 300. Schiit Magni and Modi, Little Dot MKIII, Fiio E17.. other headphones in profile.

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #40 of 45
I am down for an alternate date in Columbus too. 

Lord_Tris - Are you committed to hosting Feb. 9th?  or any later date(s) open?

....or anyone else in Columbus to Host.

Since finding this thread my wife has been pushing for me to meet other headfiers.  I think she has heard her limit of headphile information from me.  My friends hear my, to them, uninteresting babble as well.haha

It seems the majority of this thread are in Columbus area.  I am in Canton.  However, I don't see a cost effective venue we could use in my area.  I could possibly have a meet in summer at my home. However, now is not a good time for me to host a meet. (winter interior renovations)

Jan 31, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #44 of 45
Quote:
I may be interested in coming down from Westlake, but my schedule is completely up in the air at the moment so I can't really promise anything. Gear is up in the air as well but at the moment I have my CTH and K501 and HD700s.

I would like to make you an offer  listen to those K501s

Jan 31, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #45 of 45
Quote:

I would like to make you an offer  listen to those K501s

You'll have to pry them from my cold, dead hands
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back