Ohio
Sep 24, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #4 of 45
Well since that was cancelled is there anyone up for a get together? I would really like to meet people and hear different rigs as well anyone would be welcome. 

Oct 22, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #6 of 45
It's a finicky crowd here in the mid Ohio area. There are a lot of head fiers but getting them to come out and play is challenging. If we were to have games and prizes and vendors with give aways, etc. like the big town meets, it might draw more. Just getting together with every day gear isn't as interesting a draw. I've thought we should maybe get a loose consensus on two dates, six months apart and see what kind of interest comes of it. But I'd be willing to travel up there and I'm sure a few others would too. You're more likely to have success to get a few members through a pm and plan a mini meet. That won't get much gear in one place but will let you hear specific pieces. The good thing about Columbus is it's central to the state so Cleveland, Cincy, Dayton, etc. isn't that bad a drive. From my experience though. driving a couple hours there, setting up, then tearing down and driving home really leaves limited time for gear listening and BS. Most will roll in around 10 and start packing up around 3-4.

There is a new store down here in Cincy that mentioned perhaps sponsoring a meet. I'll pm them and see if they are ready to do one.

Oct 27, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #7 of 45
Quote:
It's a finicky crowd here in the mid Ohio area. There are a lot of head fiers but getting them to come out and play is challenging. If we were to have games and prizes and vendors with give aways, etc. like the big town meets, it might draw more. Just getting together with every day gear isn't as interesting a draw. I've thought we should maybe get a loose consensus on two dates, six months apart and see what kind of interest comes of it. But I'd be willing to travel up there and I'm sure a few others would too. You're more likely to have success to get a few members through a pm and plan a mini meet. That won't get much gear in one place but will let you hear specific pieces. The good thing about Columbus is it's central to the state so Cleveland, Cincy, Dayton, etc. isn't that bad a drive. From my experience though. driving a couple hours there, setting up, then tearing down and driving home really leaves limited time for gear listening and BS. Most will roll in around 10 and start packing up around 3-4.
There is a new store down here in Cincy that mentioned perhaps sponsoring a meet. I'll pm them and see if they are ready to do one.

Interested. Shoot my a PM if you hear anything back from them.

Oct 31, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #8 of 45
I would be interested in an Ohio meet. I'm near the Akron area but I don't have much equipment to contribute (a beat up pair of QC15). Also I don't get my license for a few months and my schedule doesn't always permit so I don't think I would be able to travel too far. Now if we did one next summer when I get my license I would definitely be able to meet near the Columbus area if we end up planning a bigger meet. Hope we can figure something out cause I would definitely like to try some higher end setups out cause my budget doesn't really allow for a nice setup right now.

Nov 4, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #13 of 45
mid December? I can host a few people at my place depending on gear coming in. It wouldnt be crazy or anything but I think i can handle upwards of 5-7 people. Or maybe we can find a place to do this I am not to sure on that i Just got back to columbus. Any ideas or leads on places to do it?

Nov 4, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #14 of 45
Quote:
mid December? I can host a few people at my place depending on gear coming in. It wouldnt be crazy or anything but I think i can handle upwards of 5-7 people. Or maybe we can find a place to do this I am not to sure on that i Just got back to columbus. Any ideas or leads on places to do it?

I'd say the convention center if we got enough people but the likelyhood of that is... very low. It'd be awesome if to have an annual event at the convention center though.. that's just me dreaming though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back