ohio blizzard, no work for two days in a row
Mar 8, 2008 at 9:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

terrymx

Headphoneus Supremus
yay. i have to shovel all that
frown.gif

Mar 9, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #4 of 9
Hope your kids have fun in all that.

Don't have a heart attack or break your back shoveling all that. Actually just pay the kids to do it and sit inside listening to your cans. So much easier.

On a personal note, I wish that 'little' amount of snow would have gotten me a couple days off while living in Alaska. Alas it doesn't. Probably make the population to big. You know what happens 9 months after a blizzard
wink.gif

Mar 9, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #5 of 9
I was talking to one of the Arizona tenants the other day, who had moved west from Indiana. I asked him if he thought the heat was as bad as the snow. He said, "you don't have to shovel air conditioning."

I wouldn't mind a few days off for weather around here - there are some nice vacuum tubes to help keep me warm, and a soldering iron, too.

Mar 9, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by kydsid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know what happens 9 months after a blizzard
wink.gif

Most people I know are born Aug-Oct. Including me.
wink.gif

I drove through the worst whiteouts I've ever seen last night. Counted 6 cars driving like idiots that I saw end up in the ditch within minutes of passing me. One of the geniuses tried to pass the plow parade in the left lane, where drifts had piled snow up to the middle of his tires. He crashed so quickly afterward he's lucky the plows didn't take him out for good.

To be honest, I'm not even sure I shouldn't be counted among the idiots driving, just for being on the road at all, and I was taking it sloooooowwww. 4 hour drive lasted almost 7.

Mar 9, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #7 of 9
I have about 100 ft double wide drive to clear. We got around 10 inches but drifts on the back side were 3ft+. Snow blower with the ipod/etys and a little Apfel Korn did the job. The shih tsus needed room for duty so I ran them a couple strips through the yard. They loved playing in the drifts though. I had to move the cages in front of the fireplace to melt all the snow out of their hair.

I was due to work at UC friday but cancelled. Glad I did. The last big snow (04) found me trying to get the snow from in front of the sat. dish. I fell off the roof with bruising and embarrassment. Moved the dish to the basketball goal that summer so I just sweep it off now.

Stay warm and think brats and baseball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back