Oh wow...
Oct 14, 2006 at 12:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

MdRex

1000+ Head-Fier
I just got myself a humble entry level QED Qunex 2 cable in preparation for my new DAC upgrade (too excited!!) and coming in as a IC sceptical, I have only believed that good ICs probably lower noise floor and that's all. After swapping out my badly soldered DIY klotz cable + Canare plugs, I found it hard to find any difference between the new and the old cables.

After a while I realise that the new cables have better imaging, bass extension, details, airiness and speed. I kept taking notes of sounds that I have never heard before, like low distortions on bass guitars when they are plucked, or bass kicks that I can actually feel in the center of my brain. I am trying hard not to get too caught up with the new toy syndrome, however I can't stop listening to my system.

That said, the differences are not day and night, it seems to be too exaggerated to say that. But even if this is a placebo, its the best placebo that has happened to me up till now.

Oct 14, 2006 at 1:16 PM Post #2 of 8
Welcome to team Truth.
plainface.gif

Soon there will be no skeptics left!
biggrin.gif

Oct 15, 2006 at 12:59 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by tourmaline
Congrats. I am a cable lover too. I always hear differences for the good in really good cables. They never sound the same to me.
rolleyes.gif
cool.gif

I'm a cable freak too.. I love the exotic designs.. They just look so cool.

Oct 15, 2006 at 9:49 AM Post #6 of 8
The Qunex 2 is a great cable. I've had Van Den Hul cables and tried a lot of different ones, but Qunex 2 is really very good. I broke mine once and tried a different and more expensive cable, but the magic was gone.

Qunex 2 rocks.

Oct 15, 2006 at 11:17 AM Post #7 of 8
A very good recommendation from my own experience is the Gabriel Gold Extreme Interconnects. It is a kind of DIY in small quantities by a highly respected guy called Steve Brunelle. His product is typically auctioned at Audiogon.

I bought myself a pair of Gold Extreme and was astound by it. Soon later, I auctioned a second pair to complete my system. In my opinion, the Gold Extreme is extremely good value (at auctioned price) and it beats many of the more popular brands I have tried. Recently, Steve offers a Gold Revelation 1 which I was lucky enough to get one, and though subtle, the Revelation 1 is even better. If you are going after details, smoothness, and time accuracy in one cable, my recommendation will go to Gold Revelation 1. It has really given some very hard times to Cardas, Kimber, Synergistic Research, to name a few.

That said, I haven't tried all cables, and I believe there is no such things as best in cables. But I am just very happy with the Gabriel Golds, well, until I have a chance to test out the Interconnects of The Revelation Audio Labs.

At a lower price point, I have to mention that the My Audio Cables have very good offerings - its AgQ Interconnect, is something that is hard to bid at its price point. Goes extremely well with tubed gears.

FWIW.
F. Lo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back