Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok.
Oct 17, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #496 of 626
A.M or P.M? They may not ship until the afternoon on the day that they do ship your order. I've found that those guys ship pretty quickly as long as the item is in stock and they're not away at a show. I'm willing to bet that you'll be very happy with Schiit Audio once your component arrives.
Good luck. 

Oct 17, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #497 of 626
Ah yes, 1:30PM EST. I realize orders had been open for awhile at that point. I mainly posted the time of my order so we could get a handle on where they are in the order queue, and speculate a little on how many were sold on day one. 

I have no doubt it'll be amazing!

Oct 17, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #498 of 626
  Even though I'm sure Jason will never release them, it'd be interesting to know first day sale figures. From what I can tell it's pretty substantial. For a reference (not complaining), I ordered around 1:30 EST and haven't received a shipping notice.

What would 'substantial' be?  100 Rag orders on the first day?  300?  I'd guess in the 75-200 range, but I don't know a thing.

Did get my Rag yesterday.   Makes selling the Mjolnir -- my wife's only request for letting a big amp through the door -- very easy...the Rag is not just a step up from the Mjolnir. 

Oct 18, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #500 of 626
  What would 'substantial' be?  100 Rag orders on the first day?  300?  I'd guess in the 75-200 range, but I don't know a thing.

Did get my Rag yesterday.   Makes selling the Mjolnir -- my wife's only request for letting a big amp through the door -- very easy...the Rag is not just a step up from the Mjolnir. 

StefanJK,

I look forward to reading more about your listening experience with the Rag?!?!

Oct 18, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #501 of 626

I ordered approx. 11 a.m. PST on opening day, and no notice yet. Patience is a virtue, or so I keep telling myself.

OTOH, last November (Black Friday!) I ordered the JH Audio Roxannes in carbon fiber. They took 6 and a half months to arrive. Pretty certain Schiit will beat that handily.
biggrin.gif

On the Roxanne thread, people were sharing their order #s, so we could see how the queue was looking. Which also proved JHA was filling orders out of sequence. Another thing Schiit won't do.

Bottom line - I'd almost rather get ebola than deal with JHA again. With Schiit, I can't wait for Ygg and the chance to send them more money.

Oct 18, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #503 of 626
Got mine yesterday, connected to speakers and headphones to confirm it works, but my ears are all plugged up from allergies, so I have no idea how it sounds yet. Hoping this clears up in a few days.

Oct 18, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #504 of 626
We cannot give you a concrete shipping timeline at this time.  Each Ragnarok is hand-built, and is more complex than any other unit that we sell.  Because of this complexity each one takes a lot of time to build.  Each order is being shipped in the order in which they were received.  Our first day of sales we were flooded with orders, so there are still many orders ahead of yours at the moment.  Best estimate I can give at the moment is possibly two more weeks, but could be more.

Laura Z.
Schiit Audio
Customer Service

Response to email query on shipping time. Order #20703. I am perfectly OK waiting for it to arrive. I would rather they took their time and did it right than rush to get 'em out the door while cutting corners. I waited over 6 months to get the cable (Silver Widow) so waiting a few weeks for this amp won't kill me. Still have the G/M stack working perfectly fine in the meantime so no worries... Very possible that there will be a similar sceanrio play out for Yggdrasil as well. This is a niche market which means that its not like just buying a smart phone (waiting on my new Note 4 BTW... getting off the Apple cart) so patience is a virtue. Ask the GSX Mark II guys about waiting...

Oct 18, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #505 of 626
  We cannot give you a concrete shipping timeline at this time.  Each Ragnarok is hand-built, and is more complex than any other unit that we sell.  Because of this complexity each one takes a lot of time to build.  Each order is being shipped in the order in which they were received.  Our first day of sales we were flooded with orders, so there are still many orders ahead of yours at the moment.  Best estimate I can give at the moment is possibly two more weeks, but could be more.

Laura Z.
Schiit Audio
Customer Service

Response to email query on shipping time. Order #20703. I am perfectly OK waiting for it to arrive. I would rather they took their time and did it right than rush to get 'em out the door while cutting corners. I waited over 6 months to get the cable (Silver Widow) so waiting a few weeks for this amp won't kill me. Still have the G/M stack working perfectly fine in the meantime so no worries... Very possible that there will be a similar sceanrio play out for Yggdrasil as well. This is a niche market which means that its not like just buying a smart phone (waiting on my new Note 4 BTW... getting off the Apple cart) so patience is a virtue. Ask the GSX Mark II guys about waiting...

Yeah, I'm #20682, still no notification. C'est la vie. And headamp is well known for their long assembly times, though he does post updates in the threads about batch status.

Oct 18, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #506 of 626

Yeah, I'm #20682, still no notification. C'est la vie. And headamp is well known for their long assembly times, though he does post updates in the threads about batch status.

I'm single low double digit ahead of you and got the Rag last Th.  So these are small production numbers.  

P.S. In the high 60s...agh...too little sleep or something like that...don't know why.  Can't subtract in my head anymore...Sorry.  

Oct 18, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #509 of 626
Sorry, my error...I'm the high 60s...agh...too little sleep or something like that...don't know why.  Can't subtract in my head anymore...Sorry.  Time to step away and get outside.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back