Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok.
Aug 28, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #182 of 626
Schiit make me a sad panda.  Was really looking forward to having a new integrated amp that is not 40 years old.

Aug 28, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #183 of 626
Me too. I'll be looking forward to user reviews to see if this is worth getting over my 40-year old receivers/integrated amps.

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #184 of 626
  Schiit make me a sad panda.  Was really looking forward to having a new integrated amp that is not 40 years old.

Awww.... I hear you! fortunately there's life after beta
wink.gif

Aug 28, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #185 of 626
Another reject here. 
wink.gif
  I'll patiently await for reviews. 

Turns out that I'll be moving in a few months so perhaps it worked out for the best. Having to repackage that large of a Schiit and moving it would be annoying.

Congratulations Schiit on the huge beta demand. 
beerchug.gif

Edit: Also, thank you for emailing and letting us know that we didn't get in. Nothing worse than never hearing back and wondering if your submission never made it in. :) 

Aug 28, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #186 of 626
  There's an entire generation of young people out there that have been raised on low fidelity 128kbps (or lower) MP3's!

Correction, there's an entire generation of people out there who measure their music by the YouTube resolution.

Aug 28, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #187 of 626

Hey, I can live with losing out in the random draw - it's better than being passed over because I didn't have associated gear that was enticing enough.

Guess I'll just have to order with the rest of the hoi polloi and practice patience. Which I had to do with the Carbon Fiber Roxannes that took six and a half months to arrive. Am confident Schiit can do much better than that.

Speaking of which, does anyone know where I can buy a 4-pin XLR to 2.5mm TRRS adapter, so I can use the Roxies from the balanced jack? I'd prefer to avoid having to buy a whole new cable.

Thanks, guys. And thanks, Jason. The more I read about this thing, the more anxious I am to start playing with it.

Aug 28, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #188 of 626
Hey, I can live with losing out in the random draw - it's better than being passed over because I didn't have associated gear that was enticing enough.

I was actually hoping that they would pick based on our gear since that would provide a better scope of reviews on the capability of the Ragnarok. Since the start of sending applications, Schiit made it sound like they would pick applicants based on who fits their criteria. But in the end they were overwhelmed with applicants and decided to do a draw out of a hat. Kind of salty about the false expectations, but it is understandable nonetheless. Still excited to hear the reviews!

Aug 28, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #189 of 626
I was actually hoping that they would pick based on our gear since that would provide a better scope of reviews on the capability of the Ragnarok. Since the start of sending applications, Schiit made it sound like they would pick applicants based on who fits their criteria. But in the end they were overwhelmed with applicants and decided to do a draw out of a hat. Kind of salty about the false expectations, but it is understandable nonetheless. Still excited to hear the reviews!

I imagine they looked over the gear of those randomly selected before they emailed them; they may have even rejected a number of them due to their equipment. Just because the selection was random doesn't mean they didn't use the provided information, it just means it wasn't the first method used to narrow down applicants.

Aug 28, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #190 of 626
I imagine they looked over the gear of those randomly selected before they emailed them; they may have even rejected a number of them due to their equipment. Just because the selection was random doesn't mean they didn't use the provided information, it just means it wasn't the first method used to narrow down applicants.

That could be a good possibility of what happened. Maybe I would have felt better about it if they looked through all the applications, filtered out who meets their criteria, and if they were still overwhelmed from the candidates, they would then do random selection. But based on your scenario, they did not go over all the applications.

Aug 28, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #191 of 626
That could be a good possibility of what happened. Maybe I would have felt better about it if they looked through all the applications, filtered out who meets their criteria, and if they were still overwhelmed from the candidates, they would then do random selection. But based on your scenario, they did not go over all the applications.

This is exactly what happened. We weeded out non-qualified applicants (very few, actually just one out of the country and a couple without speakers) then did a random pick.

That said, I don't see anywhere where I said we'd pick based on amount of gear/type of gear, beyond having both speakers and headphones and being in the USA.

The world is not out to get you, guys, and neither are we. 

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Aug 28, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #192 of 626
This is exactly what happened. We weeded out non-qualified applicants (very few, actually just one out of the country and a couple without speakers) then did a random pick.

That said, I don't see anywhere where I said we'd pick based on amount of gear/type of gear, beyond having both speakers and headphones and being in the USA.

The world is not out to get you, guys, and neither are we. 

I'm not trying to create an argument or anything like that. If that was the process that you took, then I can appreciate your methodical approach. And I am aware that you did not claim to have picked based on gear. Just based on my perception, that was how I and probably many others saw it. Surely, this perception is undestandable. Thanks for your hard work. Good luck on the orders!

Aug 29, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #195 of 626
^ LOL, true on so many levels :D

Present company excluded, of course!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back