Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok.
Sep 22, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #376 of 626
Thanks, I may do something similar. Also, dude how many HD800's do you have?!?

Sep 22, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #377 of 626
I have a pair for the bedroom, a pair for the listening station, and a pair for travel. The LCD-2s are for movies in the bedroom. The LCD-Xs are for movies in the family room. And the HP200s in the background are just my general beater pair.

jk, this was at a Head-Fi meet. Only one set of the 800s and the LCD-X are mine. But as far as the rack goes, I have my priorities set on the audio gear first - ramen and shoe racks are good enough for me.

Sep 22, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #378 of 626
Dang, you had me for a second, I was like this guy must just have money burning a hole in his pocket or something! I feel the same way, the gear is expensive enough, no need to go spend 800 bucks or something crazy on an "audiophile" rack. Maybe if I was rich but I'm a working stiff and compromises must be made! I'd much rather have the Rag with no rack and the Mojo with a nice rack. May just make something myself.

Sep 22, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #379 of 626
^ First time I heard the Mojo described as having a nice rack :p

Sep 22, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #380 of 626
So for those who have listen how is the speaker amp section.  Is it really worth it compare to high end speaker amp.  The reason I ask is because I already have vintage amp and unless it just blow everything out of the water I don't see a reason to buy the Rag.  I would almost rather have schiit create the Rag as just a standalone best headphone amp at a cheaper price or the best headphone amp ever at this price.  I know they make a comment on this in their FAQ questions but its better to hear from people who actually heard their product.

Sep 22, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #381 of 626
I don't know how high end your speaker amp is but I actually preferred it over my Peachtree Audio amp, which is why I am selling it. Even though it put out less overall power, I feel it was a more distinguished amp that had more clarity and still plenty of wattage to give rock music full authority.

Sep 22, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #382 of 626
Just got the HE-560's tonight, initial impressions are that it seems to be a very good pairing as well. Excellent seperation like the LCD-3's but they have a very good treble presence compared to the LCD-3. Bass is very good, not quite as deep as the Audeze's though, but I definately am enjoying them with the Rag as well, still need to put some more hours on them though at this point

Sep 22, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #384 of 626
No, I bought them used from a seller on Head-Fi who had a custom made balanced cable, though he also send the SE one too, suppose I could try that at some point too.

Sep 25, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #385 of 626
Would like to read how the LCD-X would pair with the Rag... Also if anyone used the Gungnir with the Rag?

Sep 25, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #390 of 626
I just answered that question in PM:

"Rag, definitely.
Even with a Master 7 - which is warmer/fuller than 90% of the DACs on the market - I feel like the Rag's focus and fullness is welcomed. This is my preference here and, as usual, YMMV.

The M9 is a more "technical" sound: sharper transient, more separation, tighter bass but the Rag just "puts me there" and is by no mean weak in any of those areas either.

No remote, though"

The M9 is considered one of the top SS headphone amp (with the Taurus) and was on top of my list before I got selected for the Rag's beta.

The M9 could be better with warmer headphones like Audeze. Would need to try to know for sure but at least tonality-wise, that would make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back