Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok.
Dec 23, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #616 of 626
blink.gif
 Comparing Schiit, Woo et al to companies like Sony and Microsoft?  Really?

Dec 23, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #617 of 626
Schiit had a "beta" program where the first purchasers got a price break, no restocking fees, and free return privileges. If there are manufacturing issues that continued beyond the beta program, Schiit should pick up the cost of return shipping. I think it would be reasonable to cover return shipping for the first 12 months of ownership, if the problem is deemed to be a manufacturing defect. The Ragnarok is Schiit's flagship product and the level of service should be commensurate.

I have a Ragnarok and have been a loyal Schiit customer, but it really upsets me seeing other Ragnarok customers having to foot the bill for return shipping with new product failures within weeks of ownership. From previous discussions with Schiit, they use their discretion with providing return shipping for customers--why isn't that happening here? I hope Schiit will reimburse the return shipping for both failures and come up with a a more reasonable policy for a flagship product.

Dec 24, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #618 of 626
Gee, I hope I got a "good" Ragnarok. Today I just got an Audio GD Master 7 to pair with it...

It sounds godly with the HE560. Much more smooth sounding than with the PWD2 I used to own. Source makes a difference with this amp.

Jan 7, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #619 of 626
Folks, an interesting question, if anyone had the chance to get Ragnarok and pair it through some electrostatic converter (Like the Woo WEE) to power up Stax SR-009 or something close to it, how does it work? Sometimes it's good to think about the future, since Schiit didn't show any interest on Electrostatic headphones (Probably because of market size and the prices on the electrostats themselves)

Jan 7, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #620 of 626
Folks, an interesting question, if anyone had the chance to get Ragnarok and pair it through some electrostatic converter (Like the Woo WEE) to power up Stax SR-009 or something close to it, how does it work? Sometimes it's good to think about the future, since Schiit didn't show any interest on Electrostatic headphones (Probably because of market size and the prices on the electrostats themselves)
The Woo WEE works fine with the ragnarok and my sr 507's and 404 LE's. I don't have anything else to compare it with, so I can't really say much else about it.

Jan 7, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #621 of 626

How are you transforming for the Stax? (The Woo WEE apparently has shared input grounds, so it's not compatible with the Rag's balanced-only speaker terminals.)

This is the response I got earlier in the thread when I said I was going to pair the Rag with my Woo Wee...

See above...

The Woo WEE works fine with the ragnarok and my sr 507's and 404 LE's. I don't have anything else to compare it with, so I can't really say much else about it.

Interesting, see the top quote.  I wonder what the danger here is.

Maybe someone that knows can chime in...

Here's the Ragnarok manual's warning on it...
8 Speaker Outputs.
Connect these to your
speakers. Please note
that the “ground”
terminals (black
terminals) are not
really ground—they’re
separate power
amplifier outputs for
balanced drive. That
means you should
never connect them to
a speaker system with
a shared ground, nor
should you ever try to
“bridge” the output—
this will put Ragnarok
in protection mode,
and that’ll be the
twilight of your sound
for a while.

Jan 7, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #622 of 626
  This is the response I got earlier in the thread when I said I was going to pair the Rag with my Woo Wee...

See above...

Interesting, see the top quote.  I wonder what the danger here is.

Maybe someone that knows can chime in...

I've read the same conflicting reports here.

I emailed Jack at Woo last year and the reply was that you can use the WEE with a balanced speaker amp.

Jan 8, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #623 of 626
i am curious to know too if Stax SR-009 would mix up with  Ragnarok and Woo WEE convertor. it can save up some $$$ and i will not need to buy  BHSE for stax 009 if 
Ragnarok pair well with hd800 and stax.

Apr 15, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #624 of 626
I'm thinking of upgrading my Asgard 2 to a Ragnarok. 

And in a few months, my plan would be to get the Yggy.

For now, I need to pair it with my Uber Bifrost. So how would that pairing work?

Would the Ragnarok sound better? Should there be a discernable difference? Headphones are the LCD-X

Oct 21, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #626 of 626
Re Woo Wee & Ragnarok—I emailed both.

From Schiit:

We haven’t tested them together, I can’t say for sure that any electrostatic transformer would work with the Ragnarok.

From Woo:

Yes, Schiit Ragnarok would work with WEE. Please keep in mind that WEE is purely a converter so its sound quality is 100% dependent on the incoming power amp and audio cables. 

For STAX SR-009 or SR-007, we recommend GES or WES for best results.

http://wooaudio.com/products/wastax.html

http://wooaudio.com/products/wes.html

Thank you for choosing Woo Audio.  Please don’t hesitate to call or email us if you have additional questions or concerns using your Woo Audio product.  We’re here to help.  :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back