Oh my! Rockford Fosgate Punch Plug advocate loud listening.
Feb 15, 2010 at 8:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 67

Tyll Hertsens

Garmentus Vulgaris & Headphoneus Supremus
Member of the Trade: Innerfidelity
This is really unfortunate.

baldy.gif

Press releases here and here for example, essentially advocating high volume headphone listening.

From their site:

icon_PunchPlugsSPL_i.jpg

[size=small]Short Description:
GET LOUD
Punch Plugs can generate an industry leading 115dB SPL (Sound Pressure Level).

Long Description:
Punch Plugs massive 15mm driver with a low impedance design and Punch EQ tuning combine for an industry leading SPL (Sound Pressure Level). When too much is just right.[/size]

becca.gif

If you'd like to complain to them, you better speak up 'cuz they may be hard of hearing.

Here's the product.

Feb 15, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #6 of 67
Well they called them "punch plugs", this was to be expected, its just coherent with the whole (stupid) marketing mix they chose... Should be illegal though, someone is gonna sue them sooner or later

Feb 15, 2010 at 9:17 PM Post #7 of 67
They make sub-woofers for cars, what do you really expect, not that its a good thing, but look at what people do with their products in cars and how loud they get. Has anyone tried the kicker iems yet? Next thing you now JL audio will come out with some called the "w.15mm"

Feb 15, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #9 of 67
Just don't furnish them with munee from YOUR WALLET. And move over so I CAN buy some. For ME.

Cuz there are days I still like to turn up the volume. Reminisce on those Live Show days and Concert Goings, and for some of us, 80 to 120 dB is "NORMAL" i dont like it when my music _whispers_....

But i do like NOT distrubing folks around me which is what intrigues me about their offering.

So different strokes for different folks, and different tools for different fools.

Everyone gets old(er), everyone looses some/all hearing, and nobody makes it out alive in the end so I'ma have more fun at it than you.

The End.

And Everyone, Do Spare Your Hearing.

Feb 15, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #10 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by FLACvest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just don't furnish them with munee from YOUR WALLET. And move over so I CAN buy some. For ME.

Cuz there are days I still like to turn up the volume. Reminisce on those Live Show days and Concert Goings, and for some of us, 80 to 120 dB is "NORMAL" i dont like it when my music _whispers_....

But i do like NOT distrubing folks around me which is what intrigues me about their offering.

So different strokes for different folks, and different tools for different fools.

Everyone gets old(er), everyone looses some/all hearing, and nobody makes it out alive in the end so I'ma have more fun at it than you.

The End.

And Everyone, Do Spare Your Hearing.

Are you saying you are hard of hearing?
If that's the case, two words, Hearing Aids.

I think the outrage is based on the fact that it's giving the wrong idea in how to listen to your music. If you need special tools to listen to your music above 90db in loud areas then I am sure they're are special tools for that.

Feb 15, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #13 of 67
I think RF is going down the wrong path. They used to make some great car amps and such, but the quality has been decreasing over time. They're living largely off their brand name nowadays.

Feb 15, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #14 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by ben4345 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW, what is "ultraq"?

no idea?! funny that they can't even spell and try to squeeze
a sub into an earpiece. those guys are dead serious.

Feb 15, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #15 of 67
I sent their PR guy a note. His name is listed on one of the links. People can use their volume control, of course, so no need to listen to them too loudly even if they can pump it out, right? No matter. They are not going to change their marketing concept. Just ignore them, I guess. Also, another in the sub-$100 crowded space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back