oh my god whats wrong with me?!
Oct 15, 2006 at 12:27 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob80b
Sorry for the late reply,

The tape-outs are not the tape out but what ever source you selected on your receiver, cd, phono, radio to be recorded to tape or any other medium. Tape out also bypasses any processing giving you a cleaner signal. The tape monitor switch selects only what is connected to the tape-in only.
The headphone-out on the receiver is already an amplified signal and could overload your headphone amp and add more distortion.
The signal level from the tape-outs to your Headfive remains constant, so you can adjust your speaker volume any way you wish without changing your headphone output.

oh that is a great info. thanks. however, one of the sources that i'll be using will be rhapsody stream from my laptop and i want that going through denon's DAC and all the other kind of processing that the receiver can offer the already frail signal. does the tape out bypass that?

Oct 15, 2006 at 12:44 PM Post #18 of 18
The tape out bypassese the buit in headphone amp in the denon (of more than questionable quality), and acts as a pre-amp out. The DAC in the denon will still process the signal, but it will not run through a headphone amplifier if you route it out the tape. You will still be able to use speakers through it, switch sources, etc. but it will sound far better wehn the signal only goes through your dedicated headamp, rather than through the denon's and then yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back