oh my god whats wrong with me?!
Oct 6, 2006 at 10:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

TempleOfEar

Banned
k, i spent an hour and a half surfing google tryinh to find a good quality 1/4" headphone jack to stereo RCA and nothing! i couldn't find anything that wasn't crappy like rubber shielded and noodle thin. I'm talking about these kind of cable guys
AD-55.jpg
I want something nice of that so that i can hook up my headfive from my denon receiver jack. i dunno maybe it's the fact that i've been up for 22 hours but i'm starting to slack a bit. can somebody help me out? thanks.

Oct 7, 2006 at 1:40 AM Post #6 of 18
from what I understand, Blue Jeans will do just about any terminations you want, with very little change in price.

Oct 7, 2006 at 7:22 PM Post #7 of 18
Indeed. That Y-cable, even with the 1/8" termination, is still custom since they don't market it on their site. I e-mailed back in May to ask about that same 1/8" -> RCA termination and here's the e-mail I received:

"We can do that using Belden 1509C, a Canare stereo miniplug, and Calrad
RCAs. The price is $25.00 for the first foot, and $1.00 per additional
foot of length.

Thanks,

Kurt
BJC"

It's nice to see that someone bought one! I didn't need a Y-cable of that quality at the time, so I went with a Steren Python cable from CablesforLess. I've heard that the Steren Python series is often bundled with cable companies' HD receivers. So far, all of the Steren Python stuff has been much better than I expected. I highly recommend them when reference-quality interconnects aren't necessary.

Also, don't forget about 1/8" to 1/4" converters, though that is an additional mechanical connection.

How does that BJC Y-cable sound, anyway?

Oct 7, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #8 of 18
I'd call the folks at Bluejeans. They'll make just about anything and they do a good job. In my experience, they've always been a pleasure to deal with.

Oct 8, 2006 at 12:56 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans
thats Mini x RCA, he wants 1/4 x RCA

True, I bought the 1/8" mini. However ask them and they will do a 1/4". I was just showing what they can do and a general price.

By the way I think they sound very good for the total cost, right now I can not justify spending more.

Oct 8, 2006 at 9:03 AM Post #10 of 18
Why not get a mini to RCA and use a 1/4" plug adapter? Should have about zero effect on the sound.

Oct 8, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by TempleOfEar
nah i don't see it on those sites. and besides they're british! i'll have to pay international shipping.

Small correction here is in place:

AudioLineOut is US based and Qables is Netherlands based.

Neither is british!

Rgds Hans

Oct 10, 2006 at 2:36 PM Post #13 of 18
AD-55.jpg
I want something nice of that so that i can hook up my headfive from my denon receiver jack. i dunno maybe it's the fact that i've been up for 22 hours but i'm starting to slack a bit. can somebody help me out? thanks.[/QUOTE]

First off, looks like you're trying to hook up the Headfive to the headphone jack of the Denon receiver, bad idea.
Ideally you should be coming out of the tape output, if the receiver has one, in which case you need an RCA to RCA cable.

Oct 13, 2006 at 1:29 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob80b

First off, looks like you're trying to hook up the Headfive to the headphone jack of the Denon receiver, bad idea.
Ideally you should be coming out of the tape output, if the receiver has one, in which case you need an RCA to RCA cable.

why is that a bad idea and if I had a routed to tape output how would i be able to switch signals from different sources and change to speaker output when I want to?

Oct 14, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by TempleOfEar
why is that a bad idea and if I had a routed to tape output how would i be able to switch signals from different sources and change to speaker output when I want to?

Sorry for the late reply,

The tape-outs are not the tape out but what ever source you selected on your receiver, cd, phono, radio to be recorded to tape or any other medium. Tape out also bypasses any processing giving you a cleaner signal. The tape monitor switch selects only what is connected to the tape-in only.
The headphone-out on the receiver is already an amplified signal and could overload your headphone amp and add more distortion.
The signal level from the tape-outs to your Headfive remains constant, so you can adjust your speaker volume any way you wish without changing your headphone output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back