Oh my ... did I really just do that?
Nov 13, 2008 at 8:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Head Room

New Head-Fier
Got an itch for the next level in home head-fi. Trawled the forums, surfed the net, visited a few shops ..... surfed the net some more. Used the search function on Head-Fi, dreamt about gear way beyond my budget, sent a few emails. Paced the room, increased my budget ..... told the wife ...... decreased the budget. Sent a few more emails. Procrastinated ........... then shopped and ordered:

DacMagic (in the bag)
Little Dot MkVI .... on its way.
AKG702, true balanced hard wire, black dragon to 4 pin xlr & black dragon interconnects for the DAC > Amp ...... waiting for parts.

I'll let you know how it goes ..... for now I'm going to drink a bottle wine and reassure my wallet!
o2smile.gif
biggrin.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Stephen

Nov 13, 2008 at 8:31 PM Post #3 of 23
Congrats and sorry about your wallet.
smily_headphones1.gif

One thing that I am not sure about is, if the AKG702 comes balanced, then you probably need an adapter for the Little Dot MkVI. And surely want to order that one before phones and amp etc. arrives.

Other than that, enjoy your new toys
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 13, 2008 at 8:31 PM Post #4 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Room /img/forum/go_quote.gif
increased my budget ..... told the wife ...... decreased the budget.

Ha! Love it.

biggrin.gif

Nov 13, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #6 of 23
It's a glorious mess, and I love it
biggrin.gif

Nov 13, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Room /img/forum/go_quote.gif
increased my budget ..... told the wife ...... decreased the budget

LOL... been there, done that.

Nov 13, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #8 of 23
Nice picks, looks like a good budget conscious and still balanced setup.

Nov 13, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #9 of 23
Sounds like it should be one great system!
Let us know, If the 702s are like the 701s (which I assume thyey are and FWIR they are) let them play when you arent listening for like a week, IME there is a difference that occurs (not sure I wanna bring up the words burn-in) after a few hundred hours.
Enjoy, Grats, and Sorry bout the wallet,
Dave

Nov 13, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice picks, looks like a good budget conscious and still balanced setup.

I love it. A guy comes in here moaning about how he sold his children into slavery to afford a rig, and we compliment him on his "budget" setup.

Nov 13, 2008 at 9:14 PM Post #11 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by smuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats and sorry about your wallet.
smily_headphones1.gif

One thing that I am not sure about is, if the AKG702 comes balanced, then you probably need an adapter for the Little Dot MkVI. And surely want to order that one before phones and amp etc. arrives.

I believe the mkvi is the Little Dot Mark VI, its a balanced tube amp here -->Welcome to Audiophilechina

Really nice
k701smile.gif

Dave

Nov 13, 2008 at 9:18 PM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by myinitialsaredac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe the mkvi is the Little Dot Mark VI, its a balanced tube amp here -->Welcome to Audiophilechina

Really nice
k701smile.gif

Dave

Oh cool, glad I was wrong for the OP (always bad to figure out something is missing when the new toys arrive). I was mistaken with the DUAL mono SS amp from Little dot.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks,
Andre

Nov 13, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #13 of 23
Sorry about your wallet.
biggrin.gif
A year ago I was using iBuds. Now I'm using Grado SR325is though a... well... just look at my sig.
tongue.gif

At this rate, I'll be purchasing a Sennheiser Orpheus before this time next year.
tongue.gif

Nov 13, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #14 of 23
Welcome to Head-Fi!
biggrin.gif

Like for most of us the curse have taken you, and it wont let go anytime soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back