Oh deer, i think i'm getting OCD for headphones ..
Mar 28, 2008 at 12:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

kmanmx

100+ Head-Fier
I first bought my Sennhesier HD650 about 2 weeks ago, and already have some new Grado SR225's which are burning in, and now just a few hours after receiving them i am really craving some new headphones (IEM's this time) .. the Triple.Fi 10. I just can't help myself, i'm putting my xbox on ebay for them
wink.gif

Does anyone else continually feel the need to buy new headphones ?!? i don't think i will ever stop buying headphones now untill i put some on after burn in and don't have any things that i wan't improveing - and there just perfect. But i don't think such a speaker exists..i could be here a while
cool.gif

Mar 28, 2008 at 1:00 AM Post #3 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reputator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to Head-Fi.

lol. good way of putting it.

It is an addiction. I bought some livewires and I told myself I wouldn't buy anything else, and I just bought an amp + LOD. ahhh!!!!!!!!

Mar 28, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #4 of 20
Remember the reason you're going through all this trouble and you'll be fine.

It's about the music, not about lengthening your e-peen with exotic gear!

Mar 28, 2008 at 1:24 AM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Remember the reason you're going through all this trouble and you'll be fine.

It's about the music, not about lengthening your e-peen with exotic gear!

How are those 880s treating you for the death metal?

Mar 28, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmanmx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone else continually feel the need to buy new headphones ?!?

This is Head-Fi . . . . . and you are asking this here?

I think it is fairly common around these parts
tongue.gif

Mar 28, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #7 of 20
LOL A year ago, I would've thought all of us were crazy... I swore never to buy anything over $100 and never buy an amp, look at me now... my wallet cries for you all
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 28, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmanmx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I first bought my Sennhesier HD650 about 2 weeks ago, and already have some new Grado SR225's which are burning in, and now just a few hours after receiving them i am really craving some new headphones (IEM's this time) .. the Triple.Fi 10. I just can't help myself, i'm putting my xbox on ebay for them
wink.gif

Does anyone else continually feel the need to buy new headphones ?!? i don't think i will ever stop buying headphones now untill i put some on after burn in and don't have any things that i wan't improveing - and there just perfect. But i don't think such a speaker exists..i could be here a while
cool.gif

Don't worry.
It will slow down after a while.
I'm in it for about 5 years now and I haven't purchased headphones for more than 3 months now.
There's a simple reason : after 5 years and approximately 40 pairs I'm owning or did own almost all interesting headphones.
The remaining are mostly discontinued headphones that are hard to get.
And expensive.
R10, HE90, Qualia 010.Stax Lambda normal bias (the latter is pocket money at $200)
This is a limited field.

Mar 28, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #12 of 20
Ever since I've been reading these forums, I have had the urge to upgrade everything I have. Considering that I have RS-80's and a PA2V2 amp, I have many upgradeable options. However, I also know that I am too poor to be looking at these tempting headphones and amps. Eventually, I will manage to get enough money for HD650's and probably a Predator.

But so far I have been pretty good at keeping away from purchasing stuff. : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back