Oh dear... Another contender: Storm STB4
Mar 31, 2007 at 11:18 PM Post #46 of 53
Thanks for the review, Skylab! And double thanks for being the guinea pig for the rest of us, I always appreciate when someone's willing to take "one for the team" when testing new amps.

Apr 1, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #47 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Augustus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
True. All that I personally viscerally dislike is hegemony, but I don't think this is Skylab's ambition.

What?
blink.gif

Apr 1, 2007 at 8:15 AM Post #48 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is yet another silly accusation, Andrea. SIGH. Here we go again.

Let's take the Xenos, for example. I was stunned by the 1HA's performance, and I ranked it very high. I also had ranked the unknown (at the time) "Headphonia" very high, which was also a surprise to me.

Ranking good amps is difficult. The amps in the top 60% of my list are all very good sounding, and the differences get smaller and smaller. I have said a zillion times my rankings are just my opinion. Now I have said it again. You need to let the fact that you don't agree with me go, buddy.

Sky, u dun have to defend anything. u've have contributed so much to the world of headphones that your opinion is revered in more ways than just the rankings. the fact that u continuously and actively INFORM us about new products and how they sound goes a longer distance what someone thinks about the "weirdness" of your rankings. we'll ask them to do a simple review on any product before even questioning you opinions.

and since u've got me hooked onto iBasso amps, i hope u will receive the trial T2 and give us your honest judgements, like always.

keep it up dude!

Apr 1, 2007 at 12:58 PM Post #49 of 53
I do plan to review the T2, as I have liked iBasso amps so far - great value for money!

Apr 1, 2007 at 1:35 PM Post #50 of 53
Quote:

That's what I've been thinking and saying of iBasso amps since they first appeared! Nice to see that we agree. Plus they seem to be honest too.
wink.gif

Yep, totally agree. I liked the P1 a lot - it's stunning that you can get that kind of performance for under $100.

Apr 1, 2007 at 3:51 PM Post #51 of 53
Quote:

That's what I've been thinking and saying of iBasso amps since they first appeared! Nice to see that we agree. Plus they seem to be honest too.
wink.gif

Who's being dishonest? Say it, I'm sure you can back it up with FACTS!
No one is holding a gun to anyone's head to buy amp X, and from what I recall most HONEST amp makers have a 30 day return policy, no questions asked.. Hmmmm
wink.gif

Apr 6, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #52 of 53
I've not been on the forum for a while, but I'm glad you managed to get hold of one of these amps Skylab...

Cheers for the review
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 5, 2007 at 9:54 AM Post #53 of 53
how come i feel like kicknig myself for not reading this review earlier, before i went and got a Minibox-E?

frown.gif

oh well....i guess if i need a portable amp for my laptop as well, this would be a cheaper contender (cheaper as in the seller can haggled with to get a very very good deal!!)
3000smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back