OH any options except ex71sl?(please say yes)
Sep 18, 2005 at 7:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

mos86

100+ Head-Fier
In the past, I really wanted that er-6/i, but then I discovered they don't have enough bass, and decided i won't take the chances, same with e3c.

e2c- I'll look too odd with them - otherwise I would buy them.
ex81sl- I don't so don't like the design
e888- not a canal phone

I almost ended up buying that ex71sl uptil I listened to the guitar playback on this great speakers in that "Kenvelo" (did I spelled right?) cloths store here in Jerusalem, so much alive
frown.gif
(

my budget, by the way, is 120 USD. and I want canal phones. won't use an amp coz it's not portable enough.

So...
Qusestions before I'll buy the ex-71sl (unhappily)

1. I have a sony discman, what if i'll use it with er-6 and use the "super bass" option on the discman? will it give a strong bass?

2. what is bassier, the er-6 OR er-6i?

3. Do you know any canal phone under 130 USD that is not behind the ear like shure and at least bassy like the e2c?

And ofcourse, I would like to hear your opinions!!!

Thanks!

Sep 18, 2005 at 7:31 PM Post #3 of 14
e2c... mod / amp them to bring out the treble and really extend the sub bass. Do looks really matter that much when were talking about acoustics that will pound the living snot out of the EX51/71 ?

EX51/71 is a waste of money IMHO... they dont isolate nearly enough for it to overcome their sonic flaws... Unless you like bloated bass, piercing highs, no mids and extreme conjestion across the spectrum. My DT770 and MDRV6 isolate more than my EX51.

Garrett

Sep 18, 2005 at 7:40 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
e2c... mod / amp them to bring out the treble and really extend the sub bass. Do looks really matter that much when were talking about acoustics that will pound the living snot out of the EX51/71 ?

yes, I think... I wish someone will create earphones that look like the er-6 and sound like the e2c. well I guess that's too much to ask
rolleyes.gif

Sep 18, 2005 at 8:07 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by elephantman
u can always boost the bass with the equalizer, but it'll just sound so unnatural.

yes, but I prefer it unnatural then almost not there...
frown.gif

Sep 19, 2005 at 5:39 PM Post #11 of 14
mos86.. nice to find another jerusalemite around here...
you're comparing pretty basic iem's (ex71/81) with the lower-end of the more audiophilic earphones (er6/e2c)...
from my experience the e2c doesn't look too weird, its clear plastic makes it rather unnoticable as opposed to black or white earphones. the ex71/81 suck, i really wouldn't recommend them, but e2c is a bit muddy.

theoretically, there are two more IEM's you neglected to mention.. i've never listened to these, so i wouldn't know if their quality is appropriate for you. one is the sharp md33's which are about $40, cheaper than ex71's and are supposed to be MUCH better according to head-fi reviews. if your budget is $120, you can also try the super.fi 3 studio, which are about $100, but reviews usually show that their quality isn't up to par with their price.

Hope this helps.

Sep 22, 2005 at 12:00 PM Post #12 of 14
Hi sicksugar!
I'm glad to see that you are from Jerusalem, Too...

Did/Do you own the e2c?
since no one here is using IEM, plus the cord's comin' behind the ear, I really don't know if I'll take them but they are supposed to be somthing that'll suit me best, nice bass and OK treble + OK mids, I can live w/ that.

Why do you think the ex71/81 are so bad? can u explain?

By the way, Thanks for your help...

Sep 22, 2005 at 12:19 PM Post #13 of 14
$130 USD, Huh? LEt's see, ER-6i from Amazon for saleright now at $85. Add a PA2V2 amp for $60 and you got bass. a litle over your budget, but a great combo.

Sep 22, 2005 at 12:47 PM Post #14 of 14
OK, I never did even consider an amp, how does it look?
is it compact?
And if I'll decide not to buy an amp (portability+budget issues) what do u think I should do?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back