Official X7 beta firmware (Android 5.1) download and discussion thread -- FW3.0.6 beta
Dec 3, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #196 of 297

The external SD card is called 'TF卡'
on 'folder' screen, it shows '0 song(s) in total, even after scanning.
Pressing the little play button gives message 'No music found in this folder'
(does it check for subfolders or not?)

Scanning went fast for all my 5838 tracks.
Did need to turn off the 'don't scan tracks shorter than 60 seconds' setting

Long titles scroll by in a very weird way on the playing screen

regarding list order:
on 'track' screen, order is 0 - 9, A - Z (with spaces not being seen as characters for ordering)
on 'artist' screen I can not test, I have no artists starting with anything but letters.
on 'album' screen, order is A - Z, 0 - 9 (for numbers, only the first 2 are counted, so 101 can come after 1000)
on 'genre' screen, order is A - Z, 0 - 9 (for numbers, only first 3 are counted, making 1995, 1996, 1997, appear in any random order, but 1998 will come before 2000)(I use years instead of genres, so this is a bit unfair towards the use of this list)
on 'folder' screen, unsure if 0 - 9, A - Z,  or A - Z, 0 - 9,  is used. the way it is ordered is perfect though. '1977 - heroes' comes before '1977 - Low', meaning that not just the first two characters, but at least 8 characters are being ordered.

gapless playback:
there is sadly still no gapless playback.

play through folder:
it 'works', but goes to a random album it seems.

DAC:
I tested this only on Trisquel, as this is my main OS. if something works on Trisquel, it should be made possible to work on any other linux distro, as Trisquel runs on 100% FOSS.
First tested with a 16bit flac file, with 1212kbps of data. no issues.
Then tested with a 24bit flac file, with 1342kbps of data. no issues
a 24bit flac file, 2957kbps of data made it very uncomfortable and stop playing. a second try made it sound a bit distorted, with a lot of 'ticks' throughout the music, but it didn't stop this time.
The shutter sound, which made the X7 crash on fw3.0.9b, doesn't make it crash on fw3.0.10b.
I noticed no lag when playing a video.

I do not comment on sound signature, I've seen the harm it does, and I don't have the tools to measure that objectively, scientifically, factually.

You might want to do a factory reset because mine says SD card and the number of tracks it scanned.

Dec 3, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #197 of 297
interesting.

despite flashing all parts of the upgrade image, the upgrade itself seems to have not gone through completely as intended.

I'll redo it with a windows machine.

I'm in a way happy FiiO went with RockChip. these things are close to unbrickable :p

UPDATE: updated my X7, also updated my post on the previous page.
sadly I lost the ability to play 24bit files once again.
and youtube even.

Dec 4, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #198 of 297
FW 3.0.10 beta

Trying with FW 3.0.10 beta the scanning problem continues the same.

I also try to accesing the folders that Fiio can't, with ES File Explorer and try to copy, rename, delete without problems.

I also try with Hiby Music and its scans all my more than 8.500 songs very quickly with FW 3.0.10 beta.

So the problem is Fiio Music accesing some files or folders than also can't scan it.

Fiio Music also show chineses characters on some international characters, but not always. I have some songs with international characters that shows ok, and others that the same international characters shows with a Chinese character. 

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #199 of 297
Had to re-do, as it somehow made my device wonky (upgraded parts, but not everything) This time on windows, with a tool called 'AndroidTool v2.3', as the FiiO tool failed for me (possibly because I was already on v3.0.10b)

Now to the things I noticed so far: (in green the positive things, red the negative)

Text still appears wrong(only on .m3u8 playlists it seems right):

Dear CH23
Please send the music with wrong display to us or only the text will be ok. Thank you in advance!
Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 6, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #200 of 297
  Dear CH23
Please send the music with wrong display to us or only the text will be ok. Thank you in advance!
Best regards

I have the same album and the same problem with the display of text:

The album artist should read: Sigur Rós
The album title should read: Ágætis Byrjun

They display as shown in CH23's picture. (Curiously the text displays correctly in folder view. However, the artist is out of order, but that is a problem even with artists and albums that do not include accented or other foreign characters.) 

Dec 6, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #201 of 297
  Dear CH23
Best regards

Hi FiiO,

I will send you a link in a private message to 3 tracks:

Björk - 2004 - Medúlla - 104 - Vökuró.flac
Sigur Rós - 1999 - Ágætis Byrjun - 107 - Viðrar Vel Til Loftárása.flac

-CH23

Dec 6, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #202 of 297
Hi FiiO,

I will send you a link in a private message to 3 tracks:

Sigur Rós - 1999 - Ágætis Byrjun - 107 - Viðrar Vel Til Loftárása.flac

-CH23

Deat CH23,
Thank you so much!
We have reported and sent the files to the engineers!
Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 7, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #203 of 297
  Deat CH23,
Thank you so much!
We have reported and sent the files to the engineers!
Best regards

always happy to help!

Dec 9, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #204 of 297
Hi Fiio,

I'm on 3.0.10 beta.

KKBOX doesn't work, every time when I try to play a song it just simply jumps onto the next song, and the next, and the next... endlessly. This makes the app unusable.

When I was on FW2.0 there was no such problem.

Dec 9, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #206 of 297
I'd like to be able to play all my music!!!! In 3.0.10 I scanned 6277 and played 99%. I'd wipped my card and added more music, the 200gb card was out of the x7 loading 6596. I updated to 3.0.11 cleared cash and Fiio music file and the image file with the file manager. Sony MediaGo verifies 6596 and plays a random selection of tracks from the card in a usb adapter in a pc. But when scanned in the x7 it only sees 5348 they are ordinary FLAC files that will not play though they can be navigated to in the file structure. Search will not find them. But the play on anything on a pc including Windows media player.

Dec 9, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #207 of 297
  I'd like to be able to play all my music!!!! In 3.0.10 I scanned 6277 and played 99%. I'd wipped my card and added more music, the 200gb card was out of the x7 loading 6596. I updated to 3.0.11 cleared cash and Fiio music file and the image file with the file manager. Sony MediaGo verifies 6596 and plays a random selection of tracks from the card in a usb adapter in a pc. But when scanned in the x7 it only sees 5348 they are ordinary FLAC files that will not play though they can be navigated to in the file structure. Search will not find them. But the play on anything on a pc including Windows media player.

can you check the following:

1: go to 'scan for songs'
2: on the top right there is a cog, click it
3: check if both options are off, or unchecked.

Dec 9, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #209 of 297
  That's not the issue.

then i'm sorry to say that i'm not able to help.

Can you give me the complete path, including file name of 3 of the unscannable tracks?

Dec 9, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #210 of 297

then i'm sorry to say that i'm not able to help.

Can you give me the complete path, including file name of 3 of the unscannable tracks?

It has nothing to do with the path.  It's something to do with capacity.  Believe me I've tried everything.  If I do a manual scan they scan no matter what format it is.  However when it gets to a predetermined capacity scanning won't add any more tracks.  I've basically gone in and scanned every track on my card and they all scan.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back