Official X5 2nd gen beta firmware download and discussion thread--version 1.27: library search function, replaygain, filter options
Jun 9, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #211 of 231
Dissapointed to find out 2.0 has broken gapless playback on flac. MP3 works fine.
frown.gif

OK...
I experienced this last night too.

I ripped a CD to flac with JRiver (PMW) and when one track ends into another I could hear a break.
I turned off the gapless playback which widened the gap but turning it back on the gap was still there.
I sure hope wav isn't the same.
I'll test later.

Nekro...is this glitch with the 2.0 update only?

Sep 13, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #219 of 231
2.1 firmware has settings for two different DAC reconstruction filters: fast and slow. 1.2 firmware did not have selectable filters and suspect it was set to fast. Not sure if 2.1 firmware defaulted to slow or fast. Should set to fast to compare like for like.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge using Tapatalk

Sep 22, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #220 of 231
2.1 firmware has settings for two different DAC reconstruction filters: fast and slow. 1.2 firmware did not have selectable filters and suspect it was set to fast. Not sure if 2.1 firmware defaulted to slow or fast. Should set to fast to compare like for like.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge using Tapatalk

Hi, travelfotografe.

Though there is not the "Lowpass filter mode" option on FW1.2 firmware, it is fast as default.

Nov 18, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #225 of 231
  Hi, bmoregnr
Yes, and the FW2.1 is the final firmware for X5II.

Final as in "There will never be any other new updates for the X5II"?!? I sure hope not as I just got mine today!

It kind of sucks though that I've paid a huge 150$USD just to upgrade from the X5 to the V2 as the usb port on my first version broke out of nowhere within a year, and that they didn't even dare to give me a manual, screen protectors and a silicon case with the refurbished X5II I got sent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back