Official X5 2nd gen beta firmware download and discussion thread--version 1.27: library search function, replaygain, filter options
Nov 18, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #226 of 231

Hi, bmoregnr
Yes, and the FW2.1 is the final firmware for X5II.

Final as in "There will never be any other new updates for the X5II"?!? I sure hope not as I just got mine today!

It kind of sucks though that I've paid a huge 150$USD just to upgrade from the X5 to the V2 as the usb port on my first version broke out of nowhere within a year, and that they didn't even dare to give me a manual, screen protectors and a silicon case with the refurbished X5II I got sent.

Yes, unfortunately they said it's the last.

The plastic case I got with my newly bought $500.00 player isn't very impressive.
It's almost cracked in half and barely hanging on with very little abuse.
I'm considering buying one of those fake leather cases others before me got in the box.

And It's quite common, now, to leave out the manual and just post it online.

Nov 19, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #227 of 231
Heh there used to be so many beta firmware for the X5, and there is still so much to improve on the X5 II, for example I can't believe that Fiio was dumb enough not to be able to implement a "fast scroll up/down" function that super cheap Apple had 10 years ago already, serious What. I so hate having to scroll super slowly from A to Z when I have 15,000 mp3 even if it's by Artists it's way too long. They could have kept it the same way with the wheel but made it 10x faster with the forward/rewind buttons, which would take like 5 minutes of programming (-_-)

And yea, at the price of the unit or even the refurbished, it's unacceptable not to have a single screen protector which cost them 5¢, no adaptor to put underneath my Fiio E12, or protective leather/silicon case.

Removed swearing

Nov 19, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #228 of 231
  Heh there used to be so many beta firmware for the X5, and there is still so much to improve on the X5 II, for example I can't believe that Fiio was dumb enough not to be able to implement a "fast scroll up/down" function that super cheap Apple had 10 years ago already, serious What. I so hate having to scroll super slowly from A to Z when I have 15,000 mp3 even if it's by Artists it's way too long. They could have kept it the same way with the wheel but made it 10x faster with the forward/rewind buttons, which would take like 5 minutes of ******* programming (-_-)

And yea, at the price of the unit or even the refurbished, it's unacceptable not to have a single screen protector which cost them 5¢, no adaptor to put underneath my Fiio E12, or protective leather/silicon case.

Hi, PanzerIV
The silicon case has been replaced to clear case since Jun,2015: http://www.fiio.net/en/story/277.
But if you would like to pay 6.0USD shipping cost, maybe you can send an email to support@fiio.net for help.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 20, 2016 at 3:00 AM Post #229 of 231
The silicon case has been replaced to clear case since Jun,2015: http://www.fiio.net/en/story/277.
But if you would like to pay 6.0USD shipping cost, maybe you can send an email to support@fiio.net for help.

Hi Fiio! Thank you for the quick reply, I appreciate it as well as the explanations of the silicon case being replaced by the plastic case and it kind of make sense. No smell, easier to clean and looks better overall as you don't want to hide the nice "stainless/silver" looks of ur X5. I still think though my refurbished unit should had come with a few screen protectors knowing it is worth nothing. Thankfully I still had 2 left overs from my firstg-gen X5 so I've used one of these though the sizing doesn't seem perfectly flush with the new version but it is better than nothing for now...

However my main concern was to know how do I use it "nicely" with my Fiio E12? I used to have a plastic bracket that would go around the X5 so they would both sit flush and then you could strap them on together with small elastics but it isn't the same size anymore so that doesn't work. For now I've used the big silicon bands that came in 2 sizes "thing and large" with my first X5 and it does the job but it isn't ideal as I have to put a large one at the bottom of the scroll wheel and a thing one right over the screen if you see what I mean. So what is the official and best way to put together the new X5 with the E12 without looking too much like a "home made setup"?

Also why there haven't been after all these years, someone at Fiio that thought about having a fast scrolling?! We've been thousands of people asking for this very simple yet EXTREMLY useful feature as it is almost a deal-breaker for me that I have to scroll for over 30 seconds just to get from top to bottom of my Artist list everytime.

Nov 20, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #230 of 231
I would have wished a fast scroll option as well, plus a shortcut to the equalizer... Sadly both weren't on FiiO's priority list. After all there's a substitute for fast scrolling: Press the upper left button for a second, and you can at least navigate by alphabet.

Nov 22, 2016 at 3:26 AM Post #231 of 231
  I would have wished a fast scroll option as well, plus a shortcut to the equalizer... Sadly both weren't on FiiO's priority list. After all there's a substitute for fast scrolling: Press the upper left button for a second, and you can at least navigate by alphabet.

WOW! Why no one ever told me and that Fiio didn't list this extremly super must-have feature anywhere?! I would never have been able to find by myself this secret shortcut, mostly since they sent me the unit without manual heh. That was a true deal-breaker on the first X5 not to be able to navigate by letters, I wasted so many time and skipped songs I wanted to listen at, just because it was too long to get to the middle of my list.

However I still think Fiio are extremly lazy  for not adding an option in the settings such as (Scrolling speed of buttons) so that would only affect the scrolling speed while holding the Backward/Forward buttons, not the wheel which you'd use for more accuracy. Such coding would only take a few minutes out of any programmer that's decent enough so there is absolutely no excuse at all on such an expensive player, while cheap crap from 10 years old already had such very basic yet must have feature...

So Fiio, could you sincerely explain why no one is gonna add this feature that EVERYBODY has been requesting since several years?! I wouldn't mind if you'd stop making any update afterwards.

Removed swearing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back