Official X5 1st gen beta firmware thread--version 2.51: 8 new updates
Dec 7, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #436 of 437
HELLO JOE BLOGGS AND FIIO DEVELOPERS! I have carefully tested new X5 FW2.6 firmware and found some bugs and interface inaccuracy. I’ve been waiting for fixing them more than a year, posted this bugs on fiio forum but they are still there in FW2.6 firmware.

1. When I play folder with cue sheet and file without album information embedded it doesn’t show the album title from cue sheet on display. It shows “Unknown album”. If I play folder with cue sheet and file with album information embedded it shows the album title from file instead of the cue sheet. Cue sheets are made correctly and work on any other players and Foobar on PC correctly. Please make the correct displaying of album information from Cue sheets.

2. When I play folder with cue sheet it shows on display track title with extension .WAVE:

“Track01.WAVE”, “Track02.WAVE”, “Track03.WAVE”… even if the music file is in Flac or Ape format. It always shows extension “.WAVE”. The same is when I browse in folder or scroll by the ring in track list. Please remove this extension and just display track title like for any other files.

3. When I scroll by the ring in track list it always shows file name with extension even if I set it in menu to use Title (File name display > Title).

4. Please change the name of the option in menu “File name display” to “Track name display”. In English it is correct translation.

5. When I Delete the whole folder it asks to press OK and then displays “File deleted”. In English the correct translation is “Folder deleted”

6. When I browse in folder, select track and choose in shortcuts menu to delete, it’s displayed on top “Delete whole folder”. In English the correct translation is “Delete file”. I press OK and it shows “File deletion failed”

7. When I scroll by the ring in track list, the text is shifted a little bit to top. Please move it 4 pixels lower so it is centered on screen. If the list is less than 7 tracks it is also shifted to top, not at the center of the display. Please move down so it is centered on screen.

8. When I browse in folder the file selection is highlighted with orange lines. On bottom of display these orange lines are shifted 2 pixels lower than grey grid lines. The same is when I browse in playlists or by category.

9. When I play large files (size is 2.5 Gb, 176.4 kHz / 24 bit) in format wav it doesn’t play and says “File format not supported”.

10. When I play by folder, and “Play through folder” option is on, I set play mode to “Repeat” but it doesn’t repeat the folder. Instead it changes to next folder. Please correct “Repeat” mode.

11. When I update library it shows total number of songs for example 910 songs. But when I check in System settings > About X5 > it displays “Total no. of songs: 900songs”

12. In Menu > System settings > About X5 > “SD card 1 total capacity: 64 G” In English the correct translation is 64 Gb instead of 64 G. In Menu > System settings > About X5 > “Total no. of songs: 900songs” please add a space after number 900)

Please, write me if you need my help. I will you explain if you don't understand something

Aug 2, 2020 at 4:50 AM Post #437 of 437
Has anyone used a 512 GB SD-card in their Fiio X5 (1st gen) or can test for me if it would work? I want to buy one for my 1st gen X5 but don't wanna drop the dough on the SD-card before I know it should work (I know about the number-of-files-limitation and it wouldn't be a problem).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back