Official X5 1st gen beta firmware thread--version 2.51: 8 new updates
Oct 31, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #421 of 437
I just have to say major props to FiiO for updating the first gen X5 (and AsianInvasion for his great mods). That kind of long term support is rare nowadays, definitely will keep voting with my dollar for FiiO if we continue to see that awesome support. Really loving the new firmware too, scroll wheel is much improved. I was never that picky about it before but the update has brought some major improvements.

Nov 2, 2015 at 3:20 AM Post #423 of 437
Updated to 2.51 Beta and it's generally better - particularly the wheel.
One problem I Have found though. For instance, when I play the first track of an album using the "on-the-go" slot it only plays the selected track then stops. I have to manually start the next track. This is very annoying to say the least.

If I play an album from either of the two SD cards everything is fine, it's just "on-the-go" that refuses to process through the tracks. Anyone else got this issue?

Edit: Set to factory defaults and the above behaviour is still present. Also copied an OTG album to the normal SD card and they played straight through fine. The same album on the OTG card still refused to play more than one track at a time.

Another minor issue: When using the Fast Forward function (bottom right button held down) it is almost uncontrollable on long tracks. It gets more controllable the shorter the track. The scaling of the jumps doesn't seem to be working well.

Nov 3, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #424 of 437
OTG issues are a worry.

Whilst I am pleased to see a firmware update, it just fixes a bunch of problems I didn't know I had. What I want are:-

1 - ability to scan OTG into the library (surely that's not difficult !! )

2 - Replay gain (I think that would be very popular)

A straight answer on whether we will ever see these would be appreciated.

Nov 4, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #427 of 437
  It's a shame that after all this time it is still not possible to scroll by letters by holding the center button for example, so we can scroll 10x faster through a list of 500+ artirst. What is so hard in implementing such function that everybody has been asking for since the very beginning?!

I find it annoying to lose my favorites everytime I flash but with people's comment here about the scroll wheel and responsivness, I think it's gonna be worth it ^^ Pretty much the only reason I'll be updating it.

X2 this is the only thing that forces me not to use this player that often.

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #428 of 437
Don't know if there's a new issue or not but the screen doesn't shutdown automaticly such as "screensaver" as it used to be since I've flashed to the new beta, so if I just press "Play" then forget it, the screen will remain on forever and therefore empty the battery quite faster :/ I have to manualy press the upper-right button to shut off the screen everytime now, which is kinda annoying.

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #429 of 437
  Don't know if there's a new issue or not but the screen doesn't shutdown automaticly such as "screensaver" as it used to be since I've flashed to the new beta, so if I just press "Play" then forget it, the screen will remain on forever and therefore empty the battery quite faster :/ I have to manualy press the upper-right button to shut off the screen everytime now, which is kinda annoying.

Thanks for the response, rajibranjan. Yes, it is a bug and we will fix it in the official version.

Fiio has already noticed this bug and will be fixed in the official version. 

Nov 6, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #430 of 437
I'm on the latest beta 2.51. Anyone else noticed any improvements with the batterylife? It could also be that the custom theme I used on 2.50 (High Fidelity) showed batterylife differently but I kind of get the feeling that my betterylife is a bit better now?

Nov 7, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #431 of 437
  I'm on the latest beta 2.51. Anyone else noticed any improvements with the batterylife? It could also be that the custom theme I used on 2.50 (High Fidelity) showed batterylife differently but I kind of get the feeling that my betterylife is a bit better now?

Same here I had the latest version "non-custom" and now with that new Beta, somehow my battery life seems to be quite better because even with that new bug that the damn screen stays on forever, my battery doesn't empty itself as quickly as before with the screen shutoff, which is strange but in a good way at least lol.

Nov 9, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #432 of 437
Noticed something unpleasant with the latest update... After scanning the library, I am often unable to skip songs in song mode. It will register a skip forward, but the song doesn't change. Other songs won't even play when selected in that mode, even though they play just fine when selecting them via the SD card option. For now, I've downgraded back to 2.5, but looking forward to a fix for this!

Nov 11, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #435 of 437
  Same here I had the latest version "non-custom" and now with that new Beta, somehow my battery life seems to be quite better because even with that new bug that the damn screen stays on forever, my battery doesn't empty itself as quickly as before with the screen shutoff, which is strange but in a good way at least lol.

Yep, noticed the same last night. Battery display shows a better battery life even with the player display being on at all times due to the bug already logged to Fiio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back