Official X5 1st gen beta firmware thread--version 2.51: 8 new updates
Dec 24, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #331 of 437
Sorry, me again.  I have an intermittant problem where when I start the X5, I get a welcome screen going right to the boodbye screen.  On ocasion, I get a large CRACK from my phones.  2.2 or 2.36 either way.  Anyone else noticed this happening?
Fool am I!  First time I encountered a discharged battery.  I should just relax and enjoy X5 now that it is so easy to use now.  Thanks to everyone who helped.

Dec 24, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #332 of 437
That's different.  Did you try to reinstall the firmware?  Do a Factory Reset from the Settings menu?  There's a click when it starts up, but it's not, to my ears, a crack.  Try a different card and see if that helps (if you have 2 cards, take one out for a while and see if the problem goes away.  If not, take it out and try the other one by itself for a while.

Dec 24, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #333 of 437
Many Thanks olddude.

I followed your instructions and now it does seem to work fine.  I think I may have been expecting it to work from the Artists section in "Play by Category". I think it only works from the Folder View.
Would be nice if it worked from any of the categories as the Media Library has gone to all the trouble of populating the lists. It should just be a matter of playing the tracks in exactly the sequence you see as you browse the library. But it's no biggie.

Incidentally I see a lot of posts about the main menu rotation being the wrong way round. I quite like it this way. If one imagines the rotating menu and the rotating wheel as 2 meshed gears then the rotation is as expected. I suspect the artists at Fiio picture it something like that :bigsmile_face:

Yea after several days, I noticed that the random shuffle is just playing the same order over and over!  That is if it doesn't randomly freezes first!  I'm getting freezing issues again, sucks.  guess I gotta go back to 2.2

Interestingly enough my player was on 2.0 and always shuffled a narrow selection of artists. When I upgraded to 2.36 I reset factory defaults and it still shuffled only the same 4-5 artists. But after I turned shuffle off and on again it has been completely random ever since. I'm not even pretending to know why but maybe something to try?

Dec 24, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #334 of 437
Interestingly enough my player was on 2.0 and always shuffled a narrow selection of artists. When I upgraded to 2.36 I reset factory defaults and it still shuffled only the same 4-5 artists. But after I turned shuffle off and on again it has been completely random ever since. I'm not even pretending to know why but maybe something to try?

that's a good idea.  didn't cross my mind to do that.

Dec 24, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #335 of 437

Strange, you would think Factory Reset would clear everything.  But I guess turning things Off and then back On has an effect as well.  Ghosts in the machines?

Dec 25, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #336 of 437
1. Added option to play through folders: ie skipping to the first song in the next folder after the last song in the current folder.
2. When option to play through folders is enabled, pressing Previous on the first track of the current folder will skip to the last track in the previous folder. 

How do enable the option to play continously in between album/folders? Can't seem to find this option.

Dec 25, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #337 of 437

1. Added option to play through folders: ie skipping to the first song in the next folder after the last song in the current folder.
2. When option to play through folders is enabled, pressing Previous on the first track of the current folder will skip to the last track in the previous folder. 

How do enable the option to play continously in between album/folders? Can't seem to find this option.

Last item on the "Play Settings" options. Unfortunately (as has been mentioned elsewhere) it's in Chinese still for now, so not easy to read but pretty easy to spot 
wink_face.gif

Dec 25, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #338 of 437

Last item on the "Play Settings" options. Unfortunately (as has been mentioned elsewhere) it's in Chinese still for now, so not easy to read but pretty easy to spot 
wink_face.gif

Thanks, I noticed that option before and was curious what it does.

Dec 25, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #339 of 437
I have just done a "Update Media Library" after installing about 11,000 songs. It was all very quick really.
One thing I have noticed is that, when I look at the Genre category view, there are a few Genres that appear to be random.
The most obvious ones are "13", "17" ad "92". However, when I look at the tracks with these Genre, the tags seem fine and are correct (e.g. Progressive Rock). None of them have numeric Genre so not sure where the error has crept in. At first I thought it may have taken the track number instead of the Genre but that didn't make sense either with "92". I don't have any albums with a track count of 92.

I am pretty careful and minimalistic with my tags so just wondered if anyone else has seen a similar problem of the player generating Genres that don't actually exist?

Dec 25, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #340 of 437
I added a new folder with some flac files, but this folder is not detected during the scan. When I view the folders on fiio this folder is not listed. I reinstalled the firmware (2.36beta), did  a factory reset to no avail. I used a windows 8.1 PC for copying this folder whereas all the previous files which are all detected were copied on a windows 7 pc.

Dec 25, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #341 of 437
I have just done a "Update Media Library" after installing about 11,000 songs. It was all very quick really.
One thing I have noticed is that, when I look at the Genre category view, there are a few Genres that appear to be random.
The most obvious ones are "13", "17" ad "92". However, when I look at the tracks with these Genre, the tags seem fine and are correct (e.g. Progressive Rock). None of them have numeric Genre so not sure where the error has crept in. At first I thought it may have taken the track number instead of the Genre but that didn't make sense either with "92". I don't have any albums with a track count of 92.

I am pretty careful and minimalistic with my tags so just wondered if anyone else has seen a similar problem of the player generating Genres that don't actually exist?

Genre category is still touch and go.

Dec 25, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #342 of 437
Fair enough, thanks for confirming. I am probably sitting more on 4 hours of use over 2 days in the office, so a little less usage than expected.
If the unit is on all day at the office with let's say 50% play time(8hrs over 2 days), 4 hours commute time, and high gain, That adds up to around 12 hours play time. Sounds normal to me. Using an external amp (line out) will yield around 20 hours playback. Using coaxial out will yield around 30 hours. All three scenarios tested and used myself. :)

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #343 of 437
The EQ doesn't work on FLAC files of 96kHz and above. It's normal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back