Official X5 1st gen beta firmware thread--version 2.51: 8 new updates
Dec 18, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #211 of 437
In fact I did read the first post in this thread.  But I'm not sure the issue I've been experiencing is the same as these:

4. Fixed issue where shuffle mode reverted to the same set of "random" songs if starting from the same song.
5. Fixed issue where the random playlist generated by shuffle may contain several instances of the same song.

I can initiate shuffling with different songs every time, but often it seems like 90% of the songs that are randomly chosen after that come out of a pool of the same 4 or 5 artists only.  It's not that if I start shuffling with song A, I always get songs B, C, D, E, F.  It's more of after I start shuffling with song A (or B, or C, etc) I get random songs from artist A, B, C, D, E and that's it.  Maybe one song in 10 after that comes from a different artist or album (not sure which one it is really getting hung up on, artists or albums).  .

If this is in fact fixed I may have to update again as it is making shuffle-all next to useless for me.

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #212 of 437
A few thoughts:
Store the favorites list on the memory card that contains the music from the playlist. 
   -That would help folks like me that have 8 different cards or so like I do. ( classical, jazz, a-m, n-z, etc...) Then the favorites list would be accurate to the card you are using. As it sits, the player stops playing when it comes to a missing song (that resides on a different card, so it's not really missing) So if a user makes a '/favorites' folder on the card and put a single playlist in it like favorites.m3u then use the list as the favorites list. If there are two cards inserted, combine the lists in memory for use until a card is replaced, then rebuild the list. This would fix any problems with the list disappearing after a FW update as well ( though it has not happened to me, did he restore to factory defaults?)

While they are at it, store the internal playlists on each memory card. 
   -Then the user could manipulate it and give a meaningful name to the playlist, etc... This option would limit the playlists to containing only songs from the card it resides on. so no adding songs from TF2  card to a playlist on TF1 card. This limit I could live with. (I would suggest prefacing each item in the list with something like /TF2/songpath or /TF1/songpath but that would cause two problems. mixing and matching cards would not work, and the m3u would have to have a lot of hand editing after editing in a normal playlist editor. all in all not good)

We do need to have the ability to remove things from the internal playlists without needing to delete the whole list.
-If this is possible, I have not found a way. 

Speed Scrolling/Queuing next song
-I completely agree there needs to be a faster way to narrow down to the song we are looking for. I start one song playing, and go hunting for my next. As soon as the song finishes, I am jerked back to the now playing screen, losing my place in the scrolling I was doing.
So two things need to be addressed here.
- The amount of time it takes to move through a large collection.
- Getting jerked back to the now playing screen.

Dec 19, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #213 of 437
Bug still remains from 2.34Beta:

"Play by category -> Artist -> %Artist_with_7_or_more_albums%" Album, placed in last row on the screen has an invalid icon (like an "All Songs" item). If you try to open any album, while it placed at last row on the screen, then "All songs" opens. If you scroll up any album from the last row, then it works fine.

Dec 19, 2014 at 4:58 AM Post #214 of 437
Bug still remains from 2.34Beta:

"Play by category -> Artist -> %Artist_with_7_or_more_albums%" Album, placed in last row on the screen has an invalid icon (like an "All Songs" item). If you try to open any album, while it placed at last row on the screen, then "All songs" opens. If you scroll up any album from the last row, then it works fine.

That is the 'Play All by Artist' category that was introduced in FW 2.02b. It's a feature not an error and it doesn't matter if you have one album or ten the 'All Songs' will be listed last.

Handy for shuffling songs from one artist across multiple albums and that's about it since the organization is alphabetical instead of grouped by album (like it initially was) in this sub-category. :rolleyes:

Dec 19, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #215 of 437
That is the 'Play All by Artist' category that was introduced in FW 2.02b. It's a feature not an error and it doesn't matter if you have one album or ten the 'All Songs' will be listed last.

Handy for shuffling songs from one artist across multiple albums and that's about it since the organization is alphabetical instead of grouped by album (like it initially was) in this sub-category. :rolleyes:

I heard what you say x RELIC x, but this a different issue and indeed a bug.

Dec 19, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #216 of 437
I heard what you say x RELIC x, but this a different issue and indeed a bug.

I don't understand then. 'All Songs' in the 'Artist' category plays as expected on my X5. I tested with an artist with 13 albums and every one is accessible and the 'All Songs' at the end lists all songs.

What am I missing? I'll check out the 2.34b thread.

Dec 19, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #217 of 437
Reporting a few bugs...

3. On library mode, if an artist has many albums, more than the X5's screen can show without scrolling, then the last album shown doesn't open the album but opens the "All songs" option. Even the icon is the wrong one.

Is it this from the 2.34b thread?

I see now. I scrolled past the last line down to the 'All Songs' label and didn't bother to simply select the last displayed album at the bottom of the screen.

Yeah, big bug there. I was confused by words...... happens often :blink:

Dec 19, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #218 of 437

I see now. I scrolled past the last line down to the 'All Songs' label and didn't bother to simply select the last displayed album at the bottom of the screen.

Yeah, I spotted it on 2.34beta, still present on this beta.

Sorry if the explanation wasn't the best, my English is not that great. Not my first language.

Dec 19, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #219 of 437
  Please don't.  The X5 has a maximum volume setting -- parents should ensure that it's set and not changed.  I have no interest in every single thing in the world being my "child safe."  I don't want to see a stupid warning every time I change the volume.  Why not a warning that says, "Dropping the X5 on your foot can hurt," every time you turn it on?

Well, that was my opinion they can accept it or reject it plus this an option that the user can set it ON or OFF. Maybe I should change it to safety option to address teenage people too, Some people distracted and forget how long they are listening to high volume. If Fiio need a professional health care consulting I can do that.
Let me set an example for you, The ideology of Nintento are entertainment and safety​ so that's my reason to  buy their products like Wii.
"Dropping the X5 on your foot can hurt,"
lol It's should be written on back cover but it's not enough. If Pelican case company do us a favor and design a cover for hi end portable amp/dac its would be great, I have some ideas in my head but don't know maybe applied for X7.

Fiio is in business.  The business is to sell us stuff.  Fiio's NAME is on the stuff.  If someone comes along and hacks the device, and the Fiio name is on it, and there is a problem, it's still a Fiio.  What's in it for them?  Besides which, it's Fiio's device, and whatever it does is Fiio's concern.  It decides what the device can do and not do.  

As to voiding the warranty, do you seriously think that if someone bricks or otherwise messes up the device they won't go crying to Fiio and claim that "they didn't do anything."  Really?  If you were in business, would YOU trust "adults" to do the right thing?   

Those people will NULL it for sure. If something built by human, we can crack and reverse engineer it.
For voiding the warranty, The company can claim that the customer should take full responsibility.
As long as I saw the circuit board i can assume that there are some ways to unbrick.
You may subscribe to these folders and be informed whenever I put a new firmware version in there
smily_headphones1.gif

As ClieOS noted, we are not at liberty to disclose a firmware OS for which even we only have a partial license  Nevertheless I look forward to the day some intrepid soul cracks an X series open
wink.gif

Okay, glad to know it.

Dec 19, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #220 of 437

Yeah, I spotted it on 2.34beta, still present on this beta.

Sorry if the explanation wasn't the best, my English is not that great. Not my first language.

I just had the most difficult time describing this bug in Chinese. :blink:

Besides that, I see some people would REALLY like the bitrate to be displayed for their song, while some people REALLY do not. :p

Anything else I should note down? :p

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 19, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #221 of 437
I just had the most difficult time describing this bug in Chinese.
blink.gif

Besides that, I see some people would REALLY like the bitrate to be displayed for their song, while some people REALLY do not.
tongue.gif

Anything else I should note down?
tongue.gif

MULTIPLE THEMES!! :-D

But on a serious note, please unlock the colours for the now playing screen, top bar...basically all text.

Dec 19, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #222 of 437
  When I hear a song that has no good quality, i want to see if its a bad recording studio o if its a bad enconding.Seeing the bitrate allows me if its a bad quality to search for more quality file for that song. Having more than 4 TB. is imposible to have all music in high quality. Also, there are song i cant find or buy with more quality than an MP3, because not exist. I have MP3 that songs better than a 24 Bits/192 KHz or DSD because the high quality of the album recording studio. Because all of this, the bitrate its important for me.

I found this software hope this one help you to sort your problem

http://www.similarityapp.com/

Dec 19, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #223 of 437
blink.gif

Besides that, I see some people would REALLY like the bitrate to be displayed for their song, while some people REALLY do not.
tongue.gif

tongue.gif

Well I guess if some people are really keen on extra display items and some really don't want them, it is exactly the situation for an on/off option in the settings which then pleases 100% of the users 
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 19, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #224 of 437
blink.gif

tongue.gif

tongue.gif

I think fast scrolling of the ARTIST/ALBUMS list has been requested by a lot of users.
There are a few other requests but that's the one which I think has a lot of votes.

Thanks for your support and please extent my thanks to the developers team

Dec 19, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #225 of 437
I just had the most difficult time describing this bug in Chinese. :blink:

Besides that, I see some people would REALLY like the bitrate to be displayed for their song, while some people REALLY do not. :p

Anything else I should note down? :p

This is definitely a weird one that's hard to describe. Easier to demonstrate than to describe. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back