Official X5 1st gen beta firmware thread--version 2.51: 8 new updates
Dec 15, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #106 of 437
Guys, I am confident I wasn't hearing this before but just started noticing 2 audible clicks inside the player when connecting and disconnecting the headphones. I am not referring to a sound I am hearing among the music in my headphones themselves but as if there is a component inside the player that is activating and deactivating as I connect and disconnect my headphones to the headphone jack. Are you all hearing this and I just wasn't noticing or did my X5 just start playing up? Would love some feedback on this. I am reverting to previous firmware now to see if this is 2.36 related.

Dec 15, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #107 of 437
  Guys, I am confident I wasn't hearing this before, but just started noticing 2 audible clicks inside the player when connecting and disconnecting the headphones. I am not referring to a sound I am hearing among the music in my headphones themselves, but as if there is a component inside the player that is activating and deactivating as I connect and disconnect my headphones to the headphone jack. Are you all hearing this and I just wasn't noticing or did my X5 just start playing up? Would love some feedback on this. I am reverting to previous firmware now to see if this is 2.36 related.

I can reproduce this, tested with IE80 and D770

Request for safety of young people:
I have cousin that love to use my x5, but sometimes she increase the volume that will shock my ears! She dont know how to use high volumes and manage the time, so Please show alert like "high volume will damage your hearing" when people want to increase volume in specific amounts and add option to limit the time of high volume.
thanks

Dec 15, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #108 of 437
  Guys, I am confident I wasn't hearing this before but just started noticing 2 audible clicks inside the player when connecting and disconnecting the headphones. I am not referring to a sound I am hearing among the music in my headphones themselves but as if there is a component inside the player that is activating and deactivating as I connect and disconnect my headphones to the headphone jack. Are you all hearing this and I just wasn't noticing or did my X5 just start playing up? Would love some feedback on this. I am reverting to previous firmware now to see if this is 2.36 related.

It's just a relay cutting off sound to the HP jack when you unplug it. 

Dec 15, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #109 of 437

i was scared the first time i heared it.. 

it is normal
etysmile.gif

Dec 15, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #112 of 437
  It is mentioned in the manual.  It appears to be a protection circuit

Yes modern amps do that but in older firmwares I heard only one click not double clicks.

Okay, I find a way
reset the setting to the factory and do fresh install again.

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #114 of 437
  I used Media Monkey to sort and tag all 20000 (535 Gb) of my music. Haven't had a single problem. So I'm not sure if Fiio or Apple is to blame here

Thinking of doing Fiio, (I have Ipod Classic with 512Gb mSata) so memory is a big issue for me. Can you have the cards in the two slots at the same time?

Thanks

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #118 of 437
Dec 15, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #119 of 437

Thanks Theo - brain not engaged 
blink.gif

Top left definitely.

lol we've all had one of those days. mixing up buttons is far less serious than throwing your shirt in the toilet, instead of the laundry basket :-D

Dec 15, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #120 of 437
  the click sounds similar to a heartbead, one-and short response to that one... at least to me..

heartbeat ? well thats don't look like murmur too lol this is what i heard
Turn on device > plug the headphone > play > Click.Click.3milsec. Click > now music start

@Joe Bloggs:
Could you guys open source the firmware so we can customize the codes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back